On 10/4/2014 10:06 PM, fleetwood_macnche...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:

Sounds like you have issues with rick and how this chat room is moderated. I operate at a more basic level of fulfillment; the electricity is on, and that is enough for me. Anyone can leave FFL if they don't like it, or not read a post. I do not understand the spoon fed mentality that you and others on here sometimes reflect - it sounds so lazy, and with a big side order of entitlement.

/It has already been established that Jedi_Spock got banned for defaming the Torah and posting ///anti-Semitism and /that Dan got banned for threatening Rick with a complaint to the ADL for allowing the posting, so the offending message was deleted by Rick. ///That kind of summary judgement is to be expected on moderated Yahoo Groups./

The basic fact, is that two TMers got banned from posting to FFL, without even a discussion, without a warning, or them being allowed to post a rebuttal and without a definition of "anti-Semitism. ///That's the basic level - the rules - not the reason for the misunderstanding of either party. /Go figure.

What's lazy is the number of people posting here that don't even realize that Yahoo owns every word they post and that the moderator may be liable for the content. That's all you really need to know in order to understand that the rule is no personal attacksare allowed on FFL - it's just that the rule is rarely enforced./ /Go figure./

On 10/4/2014 12:02 PM, fleetwood_macncheese@... <mailto:fleetwood_macncheese@...> [FairfieldLife] wrote:

    "victim"?? There was no victim.

    /According to Rick, Dan was the victim of "anti-Semitism" posted
    by the jedi_spock; and that's why Rick warned the jedi_spock to
    watch his mouth or he would be banned./

    Dan clearly escalated things with that bizarre letter to the JDL,
    and getting all bent out of shape.

    /So, why would that be cause to ban the jedi_spock? Rick already
    posted a warning to the jedi_spock. It looks like the jedi_spock
    was punished twice. Go figure./

    Holding no cows sacred is the vibe on here, and I am sorry if he
    felt that anyone was going after him, personally.

    /It looks like Rick went after Dan personally because Dan
    threatened to report Rick to the ADL./ /Banning Dan makes it looks
    like retaliation by Rick./

    Dan was also very up front, even aggressive in his attitudes, and
    his opinions. I would never think of him as a "victim", and I
    doubt he thinks of himself in that way.

    /By banning Dan and jedi_spock without giving them the chance of a
    rebuttal was wrong; to not allow discussion by their peers before
    the sentencing was wrong;.

    Rick failed as a fair and balanced moderator. And since Rick
    deleted the offending file it now looks like a coverup./ /It's
    like a secret trial and execution without a trial by a dictator
    who got everything wrong from the beginning - there's no rule here
    preventing a discussion of the Torah by an asshole. /

    Simply because you liked his presence, doesn't mean that he
    wasn't kicked off for good reason. I liked some of what he
    posted, also.

    /The reason Dan was kicked off, according to Rick is because Dan
    threatened to report him to the ADL - that's not a very good
    reason to ban someone from the group./ /Yahoo itself has
    guidelines that are supposed to prevent such summary judgements.
    Go figure./

    ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
    <mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>, <sharelong60@...>
    <mailto:sharelong60@...> wrote :

    Richard, you're welcome. And thank you too for posting that bit
    from yahoo guidelines. And for making the point about blaming the
    victim.

    On Saturday, October 4, 2014 11:02 AM, "'Richard J. Williams'
    punditster@... [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
    <mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

    On 10/4/2014 7:11 AM, Share Long sharelong60@...
    <mailto:sharelong60@...> [FairfieldLife] wrote:

        Ann, maybe courteous wasn't the best word. I think Dan
        brought a lot of fun and intelligence and sometimes
        gentleness to FFL. And actually I thoroughly enjoyed some of
        jedi's posts too. IMO, it's a loss that they're gone.

        /Thanks for defending Dan and his right to object to
        anti-Semitic remarks. It looks like if you make a threat to
        report the FFL moderator for incompetence, he might retaliate
        and ban you from the group. ///Now that's a real thought-stopper!

        /Where I come from silence usually indicates agreement./

        On Friday, October 3, 2014 9:55 PM, "awoelflebater@...
        [FairfieldLife]" <mailto:awoelflebater@...[FairfieldLife]>
        <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
        <mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
        <mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>, <sharelong60@...>
        <mailto:sharelong60@...> wrote :

        This is pretty low of you Michael given how courteous Dan
        was to you.

        Actually, Dan has not been "courteous" to MJ but it doesn't
        matter one way or another. Dan is pro TM and MJ is con. End
        of story.

        On Friday, October 3, 2014 3:57 PM, "Michael Jackson
        mjackson74@... [FairfieldLife]"
        <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
        <mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Bravo Rick! Well done.