Did you read the article? The medical profession has always claimed that once
the heart stops beating then brain shutdown follows almost immediately. This
new evidence shows that consciousness continues for longer than previously
thought. Our knowledge of this grey area has therefore been increased and our
new understanding is, at the very least, suggestive.

 I recollect that readings from The Tibetan Book of the Dead are continued for
*49* days after someone dies to offer encouragement during the "transition". Do
those inscrutable Tibetans know something we don't?

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <curtisdeltablues@...> wrote :

 Wow, people who are NOT dead, have memories! Who knew.

 This is full of medical misunderstandings about brain functions and what
physical death entails. These Doctors should be ashamed of themselves for such
an absurd extrapolation from the facts.

 At the simplest level we have two things: The state of death and it's
corresponding physiology which a person does not get  resuscitated from...
 and every other state where they are.

 They are different. Why is this so hard for people to understand this unsubtle
distinction?