On 10/8/2014 5:45 AM, fleetwood_macnche...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:

FYI, I think this is Barry's fourth or fifth post, on something I wrote, that he didn't read...I never did care much for fruitcake...

/These two fellows don't seem to understand that when they create folders and filters for a group discussion, that indicates they are prejudiced against reading the messages of some the other informants. Barry already admitted that he was prejudiced.

You could hardly expect an intelligent conversation when they don't even view messages in a threaded format and instead read them as sequential email, and take almost everything out of context in their replies. In a fair and balanced debate, participants are supposed to read the messages BEFORE they post their comments.

They don't even have to be "enlightened" - just be able to think and reply with a little intelligence. Go figure./

*From:* "anartaxius@... [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
*To:* FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
*Sent:* Wednesday, October 8, 2014 5:26 AM
*Subject:* [FairfieldLife] Re: Yes, Barry, there is no need to believe in God

Not likely, but why pray? How is that going to change the situation as you perceive it? I do have a certain tolerance for Jim; unlike Barry, I do read some of his posts, though their usual brevity and emotional coarseness is a turn off. (Barry's emotional coarseness is also sometimes a turn off, but I do not perceive him to have a genuine attachment to it, so mostly it is just fun.) Compassion for Jim is not necessary, he is enlightened by his own account, therefore not in need of it.

What he seems "in need of" is someone to obsess on. Namely me.

I wrote him off and deprived him of an audience when he feels like yelling at someone and telling them how low they are and how high he is. Rather than live with that, I guess what Xeno is saying is that Jim keeps writing posts about how much he hates Barry *anyway*.

If that's your idea of what enlightenment is, I wish you luck with it. To me, it makes it sound as if Jim is just another version of Steve and Ann and Willytex. Ignore any of them, and they obsess on you *more*, not less.

    • [Fairfield... awoelfleba...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • [Fairfield... steve.sun...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • [Fairf... anartax...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
        • [F... steve.sun...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]