Somehow I don't think the farmers of Jefferson County are going to be too keen
on this meeting.

________________________________
 From: "'Rick Archer' r...@searchsummit.com [FairfieldLife]"
<FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
To: FairfieldLife <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, October 10, 2014 11:44 AM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Important Call to Action--FAIRFIELD RESIDENTS

Dear Friends,

Hog confinements are increasing in Southeast Iowa, driven by China’s growing
pork demand. The threat to Jefferson County is real. We must do all in our
power to stand up to this menace. Fortunately for us, Jefferson County Farmers
& Neighbors, Inc. (JFAN) is leading the fight to preserve our quality of life
and community. If it weren’t for JFAN’s efforts over these past nine years,
Jefferson County would likely be overrun with CAFOs by now.

The JFAN Annual Meeting is just around the corner. JFAN has put together a
dynamite meeting featuring three powerful champions of communities and the
environment. It’s Time to Change ‘Business As Usual’ will take place next
Wednesday, October 15, at 7:30 pm at the Fairfield Arts & Convention Center.

National food and farm advocate Wenonah Hauter, Executive Director of Food &
Water Watch, will address how a handful of powerful agricultural corporations
have profoundly influenced the US political system. As a result, we have
agricultural policies that favor industrial livestock production at the expense
of people and the environment. Hauter’s message includes how people can and
must transform the present system from “business as usual’ to “business that
benefits all.”

Back by popular demand, nationally renowned environmental attorneys Charlie
Speer and Richard Middleton will join Fairfield attorney and JFAN president
David E. Sykes to present an important legal update on CAFO activities in
Jefferson and surrounding counties. They will discuss the CAFO situation in
Jefferson County and Southeast Iowa and what is being done to deter additional
development.

These presentations, in and of themselves, are compelling and not to be missed.
But more than ever, it is crucial at this time to stand up for the quality of
life of our precious Super Radiance community and demonstrate we are united in
this pursuit.

Because this is so important, I strongly encourage you to attend the JFAN
Annual Meeting. Together, let’s send a message, loud and clear, that CAFOs are
unacceptable and unwanted in Jefferson County. When 500 people pack the house
at the JFAN Annual Meeting, the pork industry hears that our community means
business.

This is such a simple, enjoyable, and effective way for you to help protect our
community from more unwanted factory farms. I can’t emphasize enough the impact
you can have by being part of a full house next Wednesday. It demonstrates our
community cares.

Please mark your calendar for October 15 and join me at the Sondheim Center to
hear Wenonah Hauter, Charlie Speer and Richard Middleton at the JFAN Annual
Meeting. Your participation in this event will go a long way towards
safeguarding all we hold dear in Fairfield and Maharishi Vedic City.

Thank you for all your enlightened support of our community.

Many thanks,

Raja John Hagelin

  • [FairfieldLife]... 'Rick Archer' r...@searchsummit.com [FairfieldLife]