http://assets.fundoofun.com/wallpapers/Cartoons/800x600/guru_small.jpg

--- <mjackson74@...> wrote :

 One more note, Mr. Nameless Director of Operations, your assertion on funding
by the NIH -  "to be funded by the NIH, rigorous assessment is performed by
highly experienced scientists. If the research was bogus or deeply flawed, the
research would not be funded or published."

 This is, quite honestly complete bullshit. All one has to do to get funding by
the NIH is to know how to write a grant proposal. That's it.

 Here are just a few things the NIH has funded over the years, some of them
nearly as stupid as funding research on TM.

  The National Institutes of Health paid researchers $400,000 to find out why
gay men in Argentina engage in risky sexual behavior when they are drunk.

 Researchers at Indiana University's Kinsey Institute, funded by NIH,
investigated why “young heterosexual adult men have problems using condoms.”
Price tag? $423,500, according to NIH records.

 The NIH also once spent $442,000 to study the behavior of male prostitutes in
Vietnam.

 The NIH once spent $800,000 in “stimulus funds” to study the impact of a
“genital-washing program” on men in South Africa.

 I realize that your much vaunted master Mahesh Prasad lied like a dog all the
time, so it could be you are lying "as is our tradition" but for your own sake,
at least make the prevarications somewhat credible.

 --- <infor cwae infocwae@...> wrote :

   I am the Director of Operations for the school meditation project in San
Francisco that uses TM, where the students were found to be the happiest in the
city. I would like to try and correct some misunderstandings that may have
occurred as a result of certain comments made here recently.

  1. There is a post that suggest we 'stole' couches from a one of the high
schools we worked in.

 This is incorrect. We purchase used couches from outside sources, specifically
for the Quiet Time program. We own them.

 2. That the windows and doors in the rooms we used at a high school were
papered over so that no one could see in, and that the school had to remove the
papering after we left.

 A single door to a small room was partially papered only during training
sessions to reduce the distraction from other students walking by during
passing period. This paper was taken down each day, and was not remaining after
the meditation training staff left the school.

 3. That we had been kicked out of at least 2 schools in SF since Jan of this
year.

 One school decided to discontinue the Quiet Time program at the end of the
spring semester due primarily to a vote from faculty regarding time
constraints. There are many schools throughout CA and nationally requesting the
program, so we only work with those that are able to fit it into their
schedule. After providing this to 7,000 students, teachers, parents and
administrators for the last 7 years, we have had over a 90% program
satisfaction rating. An extremely small minority of parents, teachers and
administrators have had issues with the program, usually because of biases or
misunderstandings.

 4. That most of the research referenced by the TM organization is "either
bogus or deeply flawed"

 There are over 100 studies on TM published in reputable, peer reviewed
scientific journals indicating various positive mental and physical health
effects. Research has been done at Stanford, Harvard, University of California
and other reputable institutions. The National Institutes of Health (NIH) has
funded over 24M worth of research into TM and heart health. In order to be
published in peer reviewed journals or to be funded by the NIH, rigorous

              • ... seerd...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
          • ... lengli...@cox.net [FairfieldLife]
        • Re... lengli...@cox.net [FairfieldLife]
    • [Fairfield... blue_bungalo...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]