I always liked Henning's magic performances, met him once at MIU and got his
autograph on one of his posters for my mother who just adored him. Ran across
this old article about him and couldn't help but note the lack of age of
Enlightenment fulfillment it speaks of for him - lonely, sad, divorces - not
exactly an ideal society life seems to me. Just another pointer to what a fraud
TM is:

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20083832,00.html

After Falling Under the Spell of Wife Debby, Doug Hennin...
Facebook Twitter
View on www.people.com Preview by Yahoo

After reading the article I looked up any reference to his Merlin musical and
here is what I read:

The show was not a critical or financial success and is remembered today
 chiefly because of the number of "preview" performances it played:
while most shows play a month or so prior to inviting critics and having
 an official opening, Merlin had 69, never inviting the critics and
postponing the opening three times, despite charging full ticket prices.

During the musical's troubled tryouts, the original director (Frank
Dunlop) was replaced by Co-Producer Reitman and choreographer Billy
Wilson was added. The tune for the song "Put a Little Magic in Your
Life" had previously supported a different lyric: "These Are Not the
Merriest of Days".

Also:
When the show went into previews, there were many technical problems, and
the opening date was cancelled three times. The New York critics decided
enough was enough, and went to review it before it's official opening
date. They universally hated it. Henning couldn't act or sing.
  • [FairfieldLife]... Michael Jackson mjackso...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • [Fairfield... feste37
      • [Fairf... steve.sun...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]