He'd probably weigh over 300 pounds if he quit both. He is probably typical American pitta-kapha and kapha dominant too much of the time. Those two substances are known in ayurveda to reduce kapha. My late tantra guru probably would not have have died of congestive heart failure if he had not quit smoking. He immediately put on weight when he quit. I also think that people who are kapha will be less likely get emphysema from smoking as that tends to happen more with vata types.

Creative people often fight with having a creative mindset and being able to act on it. For instance a lot of jazz musicians were bright people who easily learned their instruments and music theory but a bit too high strung to play well without some help from drugs (or some meditation).