/Never pass up a tragedy if you think it will help you win your religious debate./

On 10/11/2014 11:28 AM, Michael Jackson mjackso...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:
I always liked Henning's magic performances, met him once at MIU and got his autograph on one of his posters for my mother who just adored him. Ran across this old article about him and couldn't help but note the lack of age of Enlightenment fulfillment it speaks of for him - lonely, sad, divorces - not exactly an ideal society life seems to me. Just another pointer to what a fraud TM is:

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20083832,00.html

image <http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20083832,00.html>

After Falling Under the Spell of Wife Debby, Doug Hennin... <http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20083832,00.html>
Facebook Twitter

View on www.people.com <http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20083832,00.html>

Preview by Yahoo

After reading the article I looked up any reference to his Merlin musical and here is what I read:

The show was not a critical or financial success and is remembered today chiefly because of the number of "preview" performances it played: while most shows play a month or so prior to inviting critics and having an official opening, Merlin had 69, never inviting the critics and postponing the opening three times, despite charging full ticket prices.^<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merlin_%28musical%29#cite_note-1>

During the musical's troubled tryouts, the original director (Frank Dunlop) was replaced by Co-Producer Reitman and choreographer Billy Wilson was added. The tune for the song "Put a Little Magic in Your Life" had previously supported a different lyric: "These Are Not the Merriest of Days".

Also:
When the show went into previews, there were many technical problems, and the opening date was cancelled three times. The New York critics decided enough was enough, and went to review it before it's official opening date. They universally hated it. Henning couldn't act or sing.

  • [FairfieldLife]... Michael Jackson mjackso...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • [Fairfield... feste37
      • [Fairf... steve.sun...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]