On 10/11/2014 01:56 PM, salyavin808 wrote:

On 10/11/2014 12:20 PM, salyavin808 wrote:

    ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
    <mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>, <noozguru@...>
    <mailto:noozguru@...> wrote :

    What worries is me that you have such a disconnect from the
    people that run the US that you actually think they would murder
    thousands of their own people for reasons best known to themselves.

    Whoa, Jack! You're half reading me.  I'm not alleging that our
    politicians conspired to pull off 9-11.  It's a shadow government
    that many people in the US believe exists (and probably many folks
    in the UK believe about your own government). Killing thousands
    would rile up Americans (and believe me the days following they
    were insanely riled) to support anything the  government asked if
    it involved retaliation.  So Arab terrorists did 9-11 and we go
    off and bomb Afghanistan and Iraq.  Shouldn't we have bombed Saudi
    Arabia instead?  Something wrong with that picture?

But the hijackers weren't working for the Saudi government.

You know this how? Supposedly the 28 pages redacted from the Official 911 Report say otherwise. Some members of Congress who have read those pages want them released to the public.

    The organisers lived in Afghanistan and we just knocked off Iraq
    for the hell of it. Been after an excuse for years.

Yup, Rumsfeld even has been quoted as asking if there was a way to tie Saddam to 9-11. But then I've mentioned I heard in the late 1990s the military was preparing for a war in the middle east. They just needed a "new Pearl Harbor" even if they did it themselves.

For the record I opposed wars of empire as any sane thinking American should.

    BTW, for some reason a lot of people who worked at the WTC were
    told to stay home that day.

    There's a kind of movement like that in the UK about the Islamic
    terrorist that blew up some tube trains a decade ago. The story
    goes that the government knew about it but let it happen because
    it would be an excuse to rachet up the anti-terror laws, which
    completely coincidentally can also be used to harass innocent
    people whenever the state feels like it.

    The UK subway bombings indeed smell of a false flag.  These types
    of operations have been around for centuries but I guess that
    history wasn't your favorite subject?

    I think you've lost it. Can you tell fact from fiction any more?
    Too much TV perhaps, it's hard to tell sometimes, except the news
    doesn't have happy endings.

Why couldn't it have been a false flag? I bet you swallowed the propaganda hook line and sinker.

    I don't believe it for the simple fact that however cynical
    politicians get it's their own friends and family that might get
    blown up. You don't seem to have that sort of human link, sure
    the govt in the US has blood on its hands but the 9/11
    conspiracies are qualitatively different from interfering in the
    politics of left wing countries or suppressing anti-capitalist
    demonstrations. It isn't a quantitative thing at all.

    See my above comment.

    I think it's the conspiracists that react emotionally, something
    unbelievable happens and the dots get joined up irrationally,
    anything to make it make sense that doesn't just mean the world
    is so dangerous a bunch of religious fruitcakes can walk onto
    planes in America and fly them into public buildings. I'd hate to
    live in a country where I thought the government would actually
    blow me up as an excuse for starting a war in a third world
    country, some of the residents of which had already made some
    bold attacks on the US - unless they were conspiracies too.

    In the 1960s they wanted to send us young guys off to the rice
    paddies of Vietnam to get our asses shot off. Gulf of Tonkin is a
    confirmed false flag to gain public support.  The poor Vietnamese
    just wanted their country back after centuries of domination by
    foreign powers.  Now we do trade with them. Go figger.

    Because of the crap you can find on youtube, I know people who
    actually think ISIS and Al Queda don't exist at all and were
    created so the "west" can clamp down on personal freedom. We
    realists know they just used the 9/11 and 7/7 bombings as an
    excuse for that.....

    This history of Al Qaeda is well known from their existence as
    Mujahideen and supported by our CIA to fight against the Russians
in Afghanistan. They've now morphed into ISIS.
    Erm, that's what I've said here many times. It's the conspiracy
    theorists who've taken it too far. Not me.

That's history pal.  Look it up!  Or are you afraid to?

Some of us weren't born yesterday. BTW, when is it you turn 1? :-D
    I'm guessing this is some derision at challenging ideas yes?

Or just kidding you.  Like another pint?