Fascinating experiment. I hope it works out. Giving people a guaranteed, modest
allowance should *not* be regarded as a charitable handout. On the contrary,
it's a way of emphasising that all of us who are members of a society should be
granted some share in that society's wealth as we all are (or should-be)
co-inheritors of the capital that our nation has built up over its history. If
people then feel that we really are all in this together it has to encourage a
shared sense of community - with both the rights *and* obligations (important!)
that naturally flow from that sense.