That cool Jim.

 Just glad she happened to see him.

 Yes, employ whatever communication skills you might have to set the
boundaries, and hope it works.

 We get snakes in our backyard periodically.  Non venemous.  I will sometimes
pick them up by their tail end and move them.

 Has a biblical ring to it, huh?... My wife found the snake (western
diamondback?) on the patio, next to the house, this evening. I hosed him off,
into nearby shrubs. I'd rather make it really uncomfortable, so he doesn't come
back, vs. killing him, and getting that whole cycle going... it is a lost cause
to have an antagonistic relationship with the animals here, but I have no
problem establishing my boundaries. You can see two or three rattles in the
picture, he's about a foot long -