So, in other words, he didn't use it for David Lynch's smoking.  You just made
that up.

 And who cares if he smokes anyway.

 It is akin, in my mind, to what one chooses to eat.  Has little to do with
one's internal state.

 I don't know about heavy alcohol use, or drug use.

 C'mon! They didn't really claim Lynch's smoking is his self referral??

 Of course they did! The statement means nothing so it can be co-opted to
support anything you like.

 I had it explained to me by our "raja", he said that what you do is close your
eyes and look inwards at your "self" and it will tell you if something is
right. I always that that was called desire or even just agreeing with yourself
and didn't know why the TMO gave it a special name but it's like that with a
lot of kooky spiritual stuff, makes them think they have better life skills
than the rest of us.

 The example he used on me was astrology, when I told I thought it was a crock
he said he wondered about it too until he looked at his "self" and found he
agreed with himself. (?)

 Maybe we should do that with 9/11 conspiracies and see how the "self" guides
us. LOL.