Very cool - I like a lot of the entertainment, and style, from that era (1940's
to early 1960's). Instead of the 500 channels we have today, there were just a
few, plus the movies, and if you were on TV, you were  automatically an icon.
The true celebrities (vs. the KK spawn).

 Yes, Moe, Larry and Curly. Also, one with the Lone Ranger, and some early
wrestlers, before the WWE era.

 I forgot about the Stooges picture! I am so jealous! Managed to catch part of
'The 3 Stooges Meet Hercules',  on TV recently -  have the DVD, too, and '3
Stooges Go Around The World In A Daze'. Larry was my fave, Moe was too mean,
and Curly was a little too vacant. Larry was just pure Stooge.

 Steve rubs his eyes and focuses on the wall opposite his bed. There is a dark
square where the picture of Barry used to hang. Now, in its absence, the paint
beneath where the picture hung is still fresh - no longer matches the rest of
the wall. That dark square reminds him of the cool dude that used to be. But
there have recently been too many repetitive posts, too many screeds that sound
stifled and stilted and predictable. So, the picture had to go. Steve has
folded it away and laid it in the old trunk where things he no longer looks at
are stored. It is the ‘dead picture’ trunk, the place he no longer accesses,
the ‘dead letter box’ where old photos will eventually turn to dust. He doesn’t
quite have the heart to actually throw the image out, Steve isn’t unfeeling
like that, but for the foreseeable future he can not imagine himself
reinstating Barry’s face to his wall. (His wife will soon find another image to
cover the unattractive  empty spot. It will be a poster-sized blow up of the
picture Steve has of himself and the Three Stooges taken when he was a young
lad. This will be his birthday gift and he will be surprised and moved by her
gesture of love.)

 Arising from the bed, Steve thinks of his business, reflects on his children’s
future and briefly considers catching a quick 20 minute meditation for old
time’s sake. He decides against it and opts for 30 pushups instead; my, how
times have changed. Feeling invigorated Steve ambles over to the computer, able
to squeeze in 20 minutes before he has to leave for work. Checking on the
nocturnal rustlings of the folks at FFL he brings his fist down on the table
just hard enough to make a sound but loud enough to make an impression to suit
what he is feeling. MJ has met all expectations. Two articles: one on the gum
recession and necessary crown of three current meditators and one article on
the dirty oven fiasco of the renting meditator back in the 70’s. Christ! Mary
mother of God! He just has to reply and reply he does, only to be answered by
MJ so quickly that Steve thinks he is sitting by his computer waiting to
pounce. There is a counter response and the two billy goats butt heads for a
good 15 minutes resulting in a stalemate. Both go away with a headache but
Steve forgets about it all as he climbs into his car on his way to work. For
the next 10 hours he will not have a moment to think about FFL but there will
be plenty of late-night responses Steve will feel compelled to make - compelled
because it is the source of the biggest laughs he’ll have all day.