Ann, to me you sound like a bit of an online bully, or at the very least
insensitive. With the above LOL comment about bravery and with an earlier
comment: I hope I don't insult anyone and if I do maybe they need to find a
sense of humour.

On Sunday, October 12, 2014 8:29 AM, "awoelfleba...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]"
<FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Ann, you don't miss anything.

Kudos to a well nuanced, humorous account!!

Glad you enjoyed it. Apparently you are a lot braver than some here who are
won't read theirs. LOL.

Steve rubs his eyes and focuses on the wall opposite his bed. There is a dark
square where the picture of Barry used to hang. Now, in its absence, the paint
beneath where the picture hung is still fresh - no longer matches the rest of
the wall. That dark square reminds him of the cool dude that used to be. But
there have recently been too many repetitive posts, too many screeds that sound
stifled and stilted and predictable. So, the picture had to go. Steve has
folded it away and laid it in the old trunk where things he no longer looks at
are stored. It is the ‘dead picture’ trunk, the place he no longer accesses,
the ‘dead letter box’ where old photos will eventually turn to dust. He doesn’t
quite have the heart to actually throw the image out, Steve isn’t unfeeling
like that, but for the foreseeable future he can not imagine himself
reinstating Barry’s face to his wall. (His wife will soon find another image to
cover the unattractive
 empty spot. It will be a poster-sized blow up of the picture Steve has of
himself and the Three Stooges taken when he was a young lad. This will be his
birthday gift and he will be surprised and moved by her gesture of love.)

Arising from the bed, Steve thinks of his business, reflects on his children’s
future and briefly considers catching a quick 20 minute meditation for old
time’s sake. He decides against it and opts for 30 pushups instead; my, how
times have changed. Feeling invigorated Steve ambles over to the computer, able
to squeeze in 20 minutes before he has to leave for work. Checking on the
nocturnal rustlings of the folks at FFL he brings his fist down on the table
just hard enough to make a sound but loud enough to make an impression to suit
what he is feeling. MJ has met all expectations. Two articles: one on the gum
recession and necessary crown of three current meditators and one article on
the dirty oven fiasco of the renting meditator back in the 70’s. Christ! Mary
mother of God! He just has to reply and reply he does, only to be answered by
MJ so quickly that Steve thinks he is sitting by his computer waiting to
pounce. There is a counter response
 and the two billy goats butt heads for a good 15 minutes resulting in a
stalemate. Both go away with a headache but Steve forgets about it all as he
climbs into his car on his way to work. For the next 10 hours he will not have
a moment to think about FFL but there will be plenty of late-night responses
Steve will feel compelled to make - compelled because it is the source of the
biggest laughs he’ll have all day.