On 10/11/2014 10:24 PM, lengli...@cox.net [FairfieldLife] wrote:

Christian Crusaders did the same thing, and don't fool yourself, if Americans ever "conquered" a country, we'd do the same thing too.

/The U.S. "conquered" Iraq and liberated it from a despotic tyrant, but the U.S. didn't get any oil out of Iraq. Now, the current administration has lost the war and we'll have to send troops back in to beat back and destroy the ISIS. This is going to cost the U.S. taxpayer billions of dollars with no end in sight.

The U.S. should have stayed in Iraq with at least 100,000 troops and continued liberating the whole Middle East and stabilize it so the Europeans would have some heating oil this winter. There is no way that NATO is going to be able to protect Europe from Putin and ISIS - both at the same time. No way./

/When Baghdad falls and the Americans there are kidnapped and murdered, there is going to be hell to pay in the next U.S. elections.//A whole decade lost to incompetence. There are going to be a lot of bums kicked out of congress and the White House. That's what I think./

Ask any American Indian tribe if you need examples.

/Non sequitur. American "Indians" for thousands of years have been conquering countries, so what? The Native Americans all came over to North and South America in order to take whatever they wanted, wherever they wanted to take it. There are no pacifist indigenous populations in the New World./

They're supplied the same way Mohammed supplied his *army*. They just take whatever they want, wherever they go. Whether it's money from banks, food from stockpiles, or weapons, ammunition and transportation from Iraqi army bases. This is your Islamic *work ethic*. Real work is for mensches.

On Saturday, October 11, 2014 2:18 PM, "'Richard J. Williams' punditster@... [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

On 10/11/2014 2:42 PM, jr_esq@... <mailto:jr_esq@...> [FairfieldLife] wrote:

    Something is wrong with the US generals' assessment of ISIS.

    /There is no good news coming out of the Middle East - the U.S.
    supports the Saudis who are Shite Muslims; and at the same time
    Iranians support the Shiite in Baghdad. But, the ISIS are Sunnis
    who hate everyone, Muslim and infidel alike. Then, there's Assad
    to deal with. The only bright spot over there is Israel, the only
    democracy in the whole Middle East. Go figure.

    /
    How is it possible for the militants to continue fighting in Iraq
    and Syria with supposedly only 30,000 fighters?

    It appears that the militant rebels in or near Baghdad are
    self-sufficient to fight on their own without help from their
    Syrian headquarters.  So, that means they're getting food,
    supplies and ammunition within Baghdad itself.

    I wouldn't be surprised if a secret faction within the ISF is
    providing the weapons and ammunition to fight the loyal troopers
    of Iraq.

    /"Without large numbers of American troops on the ground in Iraq,
    we lack the ability to choose targets, to rebuild the capacity of
    the Iraqi Army quickly and successfully, to constrain the Shiite
    government from pursuing a sectarian agenda. Without large numbers
    of troops in Syria, we are unable to distinguish between friend
    and foe, to train and direct non-Qaeda opposition forces, to
    address the humanitarian crisis, and to prepare for—and hasten—a
    world without Bashar Assad."/

    'Only American ground troops can defeat the Islamic State'
    The Washington Free Beacon:
    http://freebeacon.com/columns/accept-no-substitutes/

    ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
    <mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>, mailto:punditster@... wrote :

    /Our side is suffering serious defeats on the battlefield in
    Anbar province and Baghdad is ripe for infiltration. Then, it's a
    guerrilla war in the streets with up close and personal close
    range fighting.//
    //
    //According to President Obama, it's a war against the Islamic
    State, but who are they? The goal is to roll back the IS in Iraq
    and contain it in Syria. Soon, Turkey will be pulled into the
    fight - the ISIS are at the gates today, tomorrow Istanbul and
    onwards to Rome./

    "With the outlying suburb of Abu Ghraib teetering on completely
    falling to ISIS, if the area comes under complete control of the
    Islamists, the Americans will be within easy range of ISIS
    artillery."

    /'ISIS reaches Baghdad suburbs, US troops block the way to BGW
    Int'l Airport'/

http://www.examiner.com/article/isis-reaches-baghdad-suburbs-us-troops-block-the-way-to-bgw-int-l-airport

  • [FairfieldLife]... 'Richard J. Williams' pundits...@gmail.com [FairfieldLife]
    • [Fairfield... 'Richard J. Williams' pundits...@gmail.com [FairfieldLife]