On 10/12/2014 1:33 PM, lengli...@cox.net [FairfieldLife] wrote:

Shrug. We have no idea what American Indian civilization would be like 500+ years later.

/Non sequitur. The U.S. and its allies had won the war against al Qaeda in Iraq, according to Obama and Biden. Now just a year later we've lost everything. /

"America's plans to fight Islamic State are in ruins as the militant group's fighters come close to capturing Kobani and have inflicted a heavy defeat on the Iraqi army west of Baghdad. The US-led air attacks launched against Islamic State (also known as Isis) on 8 August in Iraq and 23 September in Syria have not worked."

'War against Isis: US strategy in tatters as militants march on'
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/war-against-isis-us-strategy-in-tatters-as-militants-march-on-9789230.html

And certainly, ISIS is a primitive, violent group of thugs by modern standards.

My only point is that you don't have to go very far back to see the same kind of behavior from the West, so the sense of smug superiority I get from some people is not particuarly supportable.

Certainly, it's not terribly useful. We have to work with moderate Muslims to solve the issues, and the "we're so much better than the ragheads" attitude isn't helping any.

Sounds like you're justifying ISIS's actions. True, that was typical of conquering armies in the past due to the practicality of waging war. However we consider our selves a *bit* more civilized today. We don't target innocent civilians, force them to convert and then kill them anyway, we don't steel supplies, we buy it if we don't bring it and we observe a uniform code of military conduct observed by almost all nations. <BTW, we took nothing material from the Native Americans. Even they said *nobody owned the land*, so it wasn't theirs either by their own logic. We did give them about 24 dollars and some beads for Manhattan and perpetual welfare for next to eternity along with a reservation if they wanted to stay there. Not saying it was a good deal for NAs, but it was the best that could offered at the time. Had Europeans never made it to the Americas, they, NAs, would still be living in the stone age today, chasing buffalo herds on foot, living in *harmony* with nature, and killing each other over hunting grounds. Some times *change* requires a phase transition.

On Saturday, October 11, 2014 8:24 PM, "LEnglish5@... [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Christian Crusaders did the same thing, and don't fool yourself, if Americans ever "conquered" a country, we'd do the same thing too.

Ask any American Indian tribe if you need examples.

They're supplied the same way Mohammed supplied his *army*. They just take whatever they want, wherever they go. Whether it's money from banks, food from stockpiles, or weapons, ammunition and transportation from Iraqi army bases. This is your Islamic *work ethic*. Real work is for mensches.

On Saturday, October 11, 2014 2:18 PM, "'Richard J. Williams' punditster@... [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

On 10/11/2014 2:42 PM, jr_esq@... <mailto:jr_esq@...> [FairfieldLife] wrote:

        Something is wrong with the US generals' assessment of ISIS.

        /There is no good news coming out of the Middle East - the
        U.S. supports the Saudis who are Shite Muslims; and at the
        same time Iranians support the Shiite in Baghdad. But, the
        ISIS are Sunnis who hate everyone, Muslim and infidel alike.
        Then, there's Assad to deal with. The only bright spot over
        there is Israel, the only democracy in the whole Middle East.
        Go figure.

        /
        How is it possible for the militants to continue fighting in
        Iraq and Syria with supposedly only 30,000 fighters?

        It appears that the militant rebels in or near Baghdad are
        self-sufficient to fight on their own without help from their
        Syrian headquarters.  So, that means they're getting food,
        supplies and ammunition within Baghdad itself.

        I wouldn't be surprised if a secret faction within the ISF is
        providing the weapons and ammunition to fight the loyal
        troopers of Iraq.

        /"Without large numbers of American troops on the ground in
        Iraq, we lack the ability to choose targets, to rebuild the
        capacity of the Iraqi Army quickly and successfully, to
        constrain the Shiite government from pursuing a sectarian
        agenda. Without large numbers of troops in Syria, we are
        unable to distinguish between friend and foe, to train and
        direct non-Qaeda opposition forces, to address the
        humanitarian crisis, and to prepare for—and hasten—a world
        without Bashar Assad."/

        'Only American ground troops can defeat the Islamic State'
        The Washington Free Beacon:
        http://freebeacon.com/columns/accept-no-substitutes/

        ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
        <mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>, mailto:punditster@...
        wrote :

        /Our side is suffering serious defeats on the battlefield in
        Anbar province and Baghdad is ripe for infiltration. Then,
        it's a guerrilla war in the streets with up close and
        personal close range fighting.//
        //
        //According to President Obama, it's a war against the
        Islamic State, but who are they? The goal is to roll back the
        IS in Iraq and contain it in Syria. Soon, Turkey will be
        pulled into the fight - the ISIS are at the gates today,
        tomorrow Istanbul and onwards to Rome./

        "With the outlying suburb of Abu Ghraib teetering on
        completely falling to ISIS, if the area comes under complete
        control of the Islamists, the Americans will be within easy
        range of ISIS artillery."

        /'ISIS reaches Baghdad suburbs, US troops block the way to
        BGW Int'l Airport'/

http://www.examiner.com/article/isis-reaches-baghdad-suburbs-us-troops-block-the-way-to-bgw-int-l-airport

  • [FairfieldLife]... 'Richard J. Williams' pundits...@gmail.com [FairfieldLife]
    • [Fairfield... 'Richard J. Williams' pundits...@gmail.com [FairfieldLife]