CORRECTION: Enlightenment Discussed By Maharishi
http://www.tm.org/enlightenment

 http://www.tm.org/enlightenment

 Enlightenment Discussed By Maharishi http://www.tm.org/enlightenment Maharishi
on Enlightenment (excerpts from an interview) What is the goal of
Transcendental Meditation? Maharishi: “The goal of the Transcendental

 View on www.tm.org http://www.tm.org/enlightenment
 Preview by Yahoo

 Its the whole ball of wax. TM just doesn't measure up to the hype they make
for it. It is a moderately effective meditation that many teachers say has a
dropout rate of up to 90% in the first few months.

 **It doesn't produce enlightened people, which is one of the reasons the
Movement no longer advertises that it will lead to enlightenment.**

 The practice often leads to mental/emotional problems, which is one of the
downsides I think Rick is ignoring when he says the Movement is doing good in
the world. I agree that some seem to benefit from it, but to see the entire
effect, one has to look at the whole picture and to ignore those who have
mental and emotional problems that even lead to suicide is to ignore the whole
effect of TM on the population of the world.

 I don't know of other meditations that can lead to the unstressing you have
with TM. In addition the absurd mental states the Movement actively encourages
that Sal has commented on leads a lot of people to having major life problems
with health, relationships and money.

 When you encourage people to believe whatever the Movement tells you, when
they claim a man has a cigarette addiction because he's a siddha and is self
referral and expect you to believe it they are engaging in mind manipulation
and really encouraging people to be psychotic or to put it more nicely teaching
them to be mind numbed sheep holding their wallets out to the Movement. This is
not doing good in the world.

 They love to sell TM by implying that if you do TM, you will be as successful
as the celebrities they love to parade before the cameras on David Lynch fund
raisers. They ignore the rough edges of some of them like Lynch, Brand and
Stern. They absolutely ignore and hide from the enormities of people like Robin
Carlsen, Andy Rhymer, Stephen Collins, Bloomfield, Wallace's ex-wife who shot a
woman during program in Los Angeles, Shuvender Shem who murdered Levi Butler
right in Annapurna dining hall at MUM. Let's look at the whole picture.

 I appreciate much Rick has done on many levels but I think he is still wearing
blinders about Marshy and about the Movement. Let's look at the whole picture.
Look at all the people who say TM is an asset, look at those who think it is a
fine thing and then look with the same objective view at those who say it
ruined their lives, that it screwed them up in many ways. Both camps are
telling the truth. One is not right and the other wrong. Both things are true.

 Look objectively at both sides, both camps and you have a picture of a
meditation technique that taken in moderation and not expecting too much from
it will yield positive results for some. When it is taught in the WAY MARSHY
himself taught it and the way the Movement continues to teach it it is
definitely doing damage to the world. Take out the lies, the bullshit and the
Hindu superstitions and practices and its ok, otherwise not so ok.

            • ... lengli...@cox.net [FairfieldLife]
      • [Fairf... lengli...@cox.net [FairfieldLife]
    • RE: [Fairf... 'Rick Archer' r...@searchsummit.com [FairfieldLife]