Do you remember how many people you taught TM to, and what would you estimate
the number who were still doing TM a year after their initiation?

________________________________
 From: "Bhairitu noozg...@sbcglobal.net [FairfieldLife]"
<FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, October 13, 2014 2:25 PM
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: About Nov. 30

Note that I'm not defending the movement.  I can teach meditation myself with a
program that is better than TM but I don't push it nor hang a shingle but am
willing to teach anyone who is interested.  That training and authority came
from by tantra teacher.  I think TM is "Yoga Lite" and the way it is not  will
definitely not work for everyone.  Maharishi I'm sure knew that and just
figured if it didn't work for someone they'd move on to something just as folks
in India find a teaching from a particular guru isn't working for them they
find another guru.   It's part of the culture.  When TM was $75 for an adult to
learn that was no problem and it made a good social outlet for folks of similar
interest.

Our medical establishment often speaks and acts as if everyone has
      metabolic syndrome just as TM treats the public as they are all
      pitta.  Not everyone has metabolic syndrome and getting caught in
      such a shotgun approach to treating it can be disastrous if you
      don't have that problem.  Similarly with TM.

I wanted to know what was "behind" TM and I wasn't about to get
      that from the movement.  That I got from other teachers and from a
      trip to India to demystify that culture.

On 10/13/2014 10:29 AM, Michael Jackson mjackso...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
wrote:

>I also find it interesting that many who still defend the Movement or think it
>is doing good or that TM itself is valuable don't actually teach TM anymore
>and in many cases don't even do TM anymore. That says more about the
>"goodness" of TM and its organization than anything else they can say about it.

        • [F... lengli...@cox.net [FairfieldLife]
      • RE: [F... 'Rick Archer' r...@searchsummit.com [FairfieldLife]
    • [Fairfield... dhamiltony...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
        • Re... dhamiltony...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]