Yes, I work with them in some capacity every day. While they are or were
molting they don't fly, just sit around and be lazy but I do feed them on the
fist. That keeps them in the habit of knowing that I provide food. During that
time they have to be *fat* so they grow strong healthy feathers. Now that
Levi's molt has finished, I've been gradually reducing his weight until he gets
a sharp appetite at the same time each day. He will then respond to his
training and I then take him out to large open fields , let him go and fly. I
put a kite up with a lure hanging from it and he flies up to get it for the
reward. Today he went up about 500 feet and by the end of the month he should
be going up about 1500 ft. Then we'll go for ducks! He'll fly up several
hundred feet over a pond with wild ducks and Sophie , my dog, will rush the
pond and scare the ducks out of the water and the falcon then goes into a
*stoop*, a dive, sometimes reaching over 250 miles an
 hour and hits the duck.

On Monday, October 13, 2014 7:36 PM, "Share Long sharelon...@yahoo.com