 First off, I am willing to believe the CIA did send folks to check on what
Marshy was doing since they and our FBI have certainly infiltrated many a group
to see what they were about.

 They'd be silly not to, especially a group who claim they can influence world
events at a distance and without the governments consent. I don't know how long
it would take before they came to the conclusion they were dealing with a bunch
of harmless fruitcakes.

 Maybe they had to investigate the financial dealings as well?

 But you seem to allege that there were dozens of agents - not likely maybe one
or two but Marshy never merited that kind of attention that would require
dozens of CIA agents.

 Wouldn't be worth their while, not in the middle of the cold war, I'd hope
they thought they had better things to do!

 Plus the way you tell it, Movement security (which has always been a joke in
every Movement facility I was ever in, and that includes your German Purusha
Nazi types who wear swastikas under their ties and celebrate Uncle Adolph's
birthday) that means Movement security was way more savvy and astute than
trained CIA agents??? Not likely.

 I couldn't imagine a simpler group to infiltrate, all you have to do is learn
to meditate and ask to help at the centre and you're in! I worked at head
office for years and no one ever asked me anything, they just assumed I was
kosher.This trust is one of the nice things about them I think.