Bhairitu,

 IMO, this is what Patanjali was saying in the sutra that's mentioned in this
thread.  That is, on earthlike exoplanets, the same annual patterns that are
found here on earth can be found there.  IOW, those exoplanets would have an
equivalent to spring, summer, autumn and winter.

 As sentient beings, we have to realize that the annual patterns on earth
affect us physiologically and mentally.  We are part of the earth's life cycle.
 Or, one can look at it in another way:  we are part of the celebration of life
here on earth.

 But logic and self-introspection show us that we all have a unique self that
knows it knows, independent of nature's mechanical functions.

 This is the reason why I believe that the various states of human
consciousness are the natural extension of space and time.  IOW, the various
states of consciousness are the higher dimensions above spacetime.  These
higher dimensions are not hidden or curled up in space.  Rather, they are the
potential that are inherent in nature.  It's a story of the Self creating
matter in order to develop to know Itself.   The Bhagavad Gita has mentioned
this eternal cycle of creativity of the Self.

 There is the "consciousness" theory to astrology but there is also very
corresponding natural patterns which roughly correlate to the returns of
planets.  This more so with the Sun, the Moon, Saturn and Jupiter.  So I would
think what one would do is start tracking natural patterns on other planets
which may just for the sake of simplicity correlate with planetary returns.

 But you are arguing with people who see nature as random and believe in free
will. I think they fear the idea that everything they do and think is a result
of patterns set in motion at the beginning of the universe.  Nothing to fear as
it doesn't matter.