The CIA would not do their job on behalf of the american taxpayers if they did
not check the Movement properly. Keep in mind that Rajneesh was about to go
nuts in Oregon with hundreds of armed guards and in 1993 four people were shot
dead during the siege in Wacko, Texas. Naturally they were on their toes.
 When Rajneesh was arrested Maharishi commented; He is really surrounded by the
CIA. As if what we were experiencing was nothing compared to what Rajneesh had
to go through, their involment there was obviously much more intense than
towards the Movement. They had tried the same tactics on himself but failed
utterly as Maharishi would change travel arrangements in the last minute.

 Unfortunately it did not stop with simply trying to find out what the Movement
was up to and they moved the "operation" into one that should hurt the Movement
by spreading rumors, much like Rick Archer is doing today, planting false
articles in the press, and assassination attempts that had no way of succeeding
as Maharishi simply would not be present where and when they thought he would.

 But at least they were worthy opponents, unlike the desperately look-at-me
channellers of today.

 well, of course they infiltrated the group.  to what extent, I  have no idea.
just like they probably infiltrate any number of organizations.

 try to enlighten your friend Barry, that this type of thing is done.

 the scenario Nabby puts forth sounds a little extreme, but I have no idea.

 I was not aware of the things he describes.  On the other hand, I was in
Seelisberg only one time.

 First off, I am willing to believe the CIA did send folks to check on what
Marshy was doing since they and our FBI have certainly infiltrated many a group
to see what they were about.

 But you seem to allege that there were dozens of agents - not likely maybe one
or two but Marshy never merited that kind of attention that would require
dozens of CIA agents.

 Plus the way you tell it, Movement security (which has always been a joke in
every Movement facility I was ever in, and that includes your German Purusha
Nazi types who wear swastikas under their ties and celebrate Uncle Adolph's
birthday) that means Movement security was way more savvy and astute than
trained CIA agents??? Not likely.