From: "Bhairitu noozg...@sbcglobal.net [FairfieldLife]"
<FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>

To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2014 6:22 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] 'Tis the season of the witch

I don't have much in the way of movies to recommend this month because
most all I have been watching have been horror films. That's because I
hang out with a group on a forum that tries to watch a horror film each
night in October to celebrate "31 Days of Halloween".

How cool. I did a similar thing a couple of times with a bunch of Browncoats
(Joss Whedon fanboys) I only knew from the Net. We'd watch episodes of
"Firefly" or the film "Serenity" or "Dollhouse" on successive nights -- all the
way through the whole series -- and then rap about it. Real TV series nerd
stuff, but at the same time really, really fun if you're into the genre or show
or movie you're binge-watching.

Most films I
watch would not be for the faint of heart here.  But one from Turq's
former country of residence, Spain, is actually more of a dark comedy
and called "Witching and Bitching". Sounds like FFL doesn't it?  But
it's about a heist in Madrid and how the crooks escape to a small town
and learn it is run by witches.  Lots of comedy of errors.  It's on
Netflix WI.

I will definitely look for it. I can't wait, in fact, to discover which small
town they think is full o' witches.

Been catching "Gracepoint" to see what they do with it over the
original, "Broadchurch" which played last year on BBC America. Features
a lot of scenery from Ann's neck of the woods despite the New York State
credit at the end.  According to a member of another forum I'm on who
did the special effect New York credit is there because it's being
edited there and they get a tax rebate for that. It's mostly shot on
Vancouver Island with some second unit done near Santa Cruz,
California.  The cliffs in the show are all his companies work as a
special effect.  It's on FOX.

"Broadchurch" was interesting, so I can see myself checking out what they do
with this remake of it.

 Finished up "Intruders" which was intriguing.

I "stalled" on that one, and can't tell you why. I started it, but then lost
interest and now have to go back and watch it all from the beginning.

Read that there will be no
third season of "Utopia" ... for Brits unless maybe there is one on
HBO.  As for HBO it has been announced that next year (I bet in time for
"Game of Thrones") a cable or satellite subscription won't be needed to
see shows using HBO GO.  Apparently HBO viewers in Sweden already have this.

Belated thanks on this one, BTW. I was busy with a work project, and would
possibly not have noticed the second season of this series if you hadn't
mentioned it. It took me a LONG time to get to it, but I just finished
binge-watching it, so thank you, thank you, thank you. Very dark and Not For
Buck in many, many ways, and to some extent Not For Americans in many more
ways, but really interesting.

 Well, Happy Halloween and don't let the eBullies get ya!  This year I'll
be watching the parade of tricksters on my security cam.