In a message dated 11/13/05 5:00:35 P.M. Central Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Well, fwiw, I just spoke with my 27 year old niece who lives in the
heart of Paris and she said that what is actually going on over there
is nothing like the press here in the U.S. has made it out to be. She
recently watched CNN and could not believe how exaggerated they made
it out to be. And that the "reporter" from CNN completely ignored the
French person he was interviewing and kept hypersensationalizing it,
in spite of what was being said straight from someone who lives there.

I never put much faith in anything CNN has ever had to say. I definitely wouldn't trust their European Bureau. But maybe it's common to see lines of police marching with clubs,shields and other riot equipment through the streets with cars burning everywhere. Gay Paris !