Too bad Marshy was a proven liar and his disciple Deepak, while making a load
of money has become his very own brand of spiritual huckster

________________________________
 From: wgm4u <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, October 19, 2014 11:13 AM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Chopra got it right!

 Deepak Chopra: That’s one school of thought, but not what I learned. I had my
spiritual apprenticeship with the Shankara- charya school in India, and my
immediate mentor was Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, who brought Transcendental
Meditation to the West. Maharishi was a disciple in turn of the Shankaracharya.
That tradition goes back to the ninth century sage Adi Shankara. Their
interpretation always has been that the eight limbs of yoga are practiced
simultaneously. In that way it is similar to the Eightfold Path in Buddhism.
The eight limbs are Niyama, Yama, Asana, Pranayama, Pratyahara, Dharana,
Dhyana, and Samadhi and are all actually combined into one discipline. Yama and
Niyama are rules of social and personal conduct, so why not include them as
things that you do? It’s about the internal shift in attitude that you have to
make. Pratyahara and Pranayama are actually forms of Raja yoga, and therefore
they are complementary to Asana. Dharana, Dhyana,
 and Samadhi are supposed to be the culmination of this practice, but all eight
limbs are still part of your daily practice.

Wgm says:  Even MMY says the same in his BG in the appendix on Yoga!  "All
limbs were meant to be practiced 'simultaneously", many meditators have this
confused, mostly because MMY himself said one thing and wrote another, see for
yourself. (Gita Appendix/Yoga)