--In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <fleetwood_macncheese@...> wrote :

 There is nothing to prove, and nothing to demonstrate for you, Curtis. enjoy
your waking state <shudder>.

M: As I'm quite sure you enjoy too Jim. You can't resist overplaying your hand
can ya. The whole story would play so much better without the compulsion to put
me down for being in what you consider as a lower state of consciousness than
your own. It is hard to accept that one of the superlative qualities of the
unified field is infinite douchiness. It kind of tips your hand concerning the
purpose of the whole routine for you. It also gives a nice "from their fruits
ye shall know them" lesson.

You  see Jim you actually CAN prove your state of consciousness. In fact we
really can't help but reveal it in how we communicate.

 Jim: PS Deep sleep does nothing to interrupt or destroy pure awareness. Yes, I
sleep very, very deeply, with pure awareness accompanying it all. Dreams too.
It is not the same as thinking, or even the pure awareness you may have had
during TM. It is always there, no variation, during *everything*. Never goes
away, and I cannot destroy it.

 You must experience it, for yourself, to see what the benefit is. Otherwise
the waking state just gets confused and frustrated, hearing about this
permanent, yet non-quantifiable state of consciousness, pure awareness.

M: Gotchya Jim, even your sleeping is better than mine! More enlightened-y I
think we can skip the MRI Jim. That wont be necessary. I read you loud and
clear from my (shudder) waking state.

Loved the string of jargon mumbo jimbo words on parade at the end.
Communicating nothing but trying desperately for the fayest of putdowns. "Your
consciousness is quantifiable, neener, neemer, neener!

Great rap, very entertaining so thanks for that.

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <curtisdeltablues@...> wrote :

 Sure. As I said, my enlightenment is not provable.

M: Provable is one thing. Not being able to demonstrate anything that you would
need to assume a higher states model is another. I hear music in my mind. That
is subjective. I can't prove that I do. But I can demonstrate on the outside
that I have a musical awareness. It just seems odd that such a state would have
absolutely zero manifestation of "better." And of course Maharishi disagrees
with you about the proof. The proof was supposed to be the siddhis but it just
didn't turn out. And he did not believe that siddhis could not be demonstrated
for the skeptical. He believed they could but again, failed.

J:  I DO achieve everything that I desire.

M: I am not sure what you are saying here. So do I then. We all work toward our
goals and if we haven't set the bar ridiculously high, we get there. Are you
claiming that your version is somehow different from mine? What have you
desired that came true that could not be explained by the process we all use to
fulfill desires? Are you aware that the human mind has a cognitive flaw of
shaping our memories so that we only remember the things we got fulfilled and
conveniently forget hose that did not turn out? We are terrible at such self
reported score keeping.

 J: Enlightenment is the state of pure awareness, 24 x 7,

M: First of all you couldn't even know if you black out in deep sleep in
between periods of wakefulness. You would have to have an MRI. I have nights
where I don't believe I was ever in deep sleep, but by the clock I must have
been. We are terrible reporters of sleep states. I am aware in my dreams too so
that doesn't really count. And lets say you did, what is the value of that?
Sleep is nice and it helps organize all sorts of stuff in our minds, creatively
and for memory access. You are selling a feature as a benefit and I don't see
what that is. During the day I have pure awareness too, it is called being
alive as a sentient being.

J: universal synchronicity.

M: What is this and how do you know this? Can you distinguish this from a
fanciful notion you have?

J:  It is a famous expression in the Gita, that an enlightened man sees
darkness where the ignorant see light, and vice versa, so your comments are
appropriate. Yes, I appear crazy to you, but you also appear out of touch with
reality, to me. Other than that, I hope your day is going well!

M: Always with the on upmanship putdowns. You don't appear crazy to me. You
appear to have a fanciful notion about yourself as living in a superior state
of consciousness that manifests absolutely nothing that seems superior.  It
comes off as a little insecure. You don't have to be a superior being to be
respected and liked you know. Being an ordinary human is wonderful enough.

But I do reject the notion that you are enlightened and I am ignorant. That is
pure poopy pants posturing about something you could not know. By your own
no-proof-needed assertions criteria, for all you know I am in the next state of
enlightenment and am your guru trying to coax you along to my higher state.
Subjective inflation can go both ways you know.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <curtisdeltablues@...> wrote :

 OK Jim, lets look at your claim to be in a higher state of consciousness with
a special access to knowledge. This is your claim so I say, show me how I can
distinguish your claim from that of a born again Christian who claims to have
had the experience of being saved. You both are claiming subjective knowledge
that cannot be evaluated from outside.

But you have an advantage in enlightenment. That package comes with the added
claim that you can know things that people like me cannot know. Can you express
one single thing as evidence that you are functioning on a higher mental level
rather than a state of self delusion? There must be some way that you can
demonstrate that you actually have a special mental ability with your higher
state isn't there? And if there is not, then your state of mind is
indistinguishable from any other person whose opinion of their specialness
exceeds what others see in them.

One more thing. The God you know inside had better keep his trap shut. If he
decides that you are the pure vehicle for one single message to us, anything:
Lil Debbie cakes are superior to Hostess cupcakes, The Mets will win whatever
it is that those teams want to win, Halloween candy corn will cure cancer but
only if you eat each section starting with the tip separately,  ANYTHING...

you will go from enlightened guy to lunatic in the time it takes anyone here to
read your message.
(Nabbie excepted course)

 As long as you are on the path to know the creator of the universe, as you put
it, I am OK with that. I understand that your previous experiences with
religion and TM, may have created a confusing concept of God, that you have
rejected. No problem, God is endlessly creative, and will no doubt eventually
make him and herself known to you, in a way that is yours alone, personally
tailored for you. Once God awakes within you, you will know what I am talking
about. Otherwise, it is nonsense to the waking state consciousness.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <curtisdeltablues@...> wrote :

 FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <fleetwood_macncheese@...> wrote :

 J: Er, Curtis, you are mistaking your failure, for certainty

M: I have no certainty and don't buy yours.

 J: And being very arrogant about it.

M: I am the on saying I do not KNOW the creator of the universe. You are saying
you do. Perhaps you have redefined this word too.

 J: Without a sense of pure awareness, not the forced experiences from
rounding, that you have mentioned, but the real deal, 24x7, you are basing your
conclusions on fantasy, and have no clue about real enlightenment.

M: So you know all about my awareness from inside too perhaps?

 J: Your choice, and so far, a very poor one, just like yer buddy, there, in
front of the tube.

M: Yeah, I don't buy your claims. Sorry that this frankness makes you feel
hostile.