Fleet is right.....

 uh...Barry...you being a former TM teacher and all, Maharishi wasn't talking
about subjective experience, constituting objective proof, for anyone else,
only for the subject, and only in a life of enlightenment.

 The meme for waking state is to always doubt experience, and it is an
appropriate caution, for such a state of immature consciousness. But, as we
grow up, and see waking state for what it is, a very incomplete picture of
life, the subjective, and objective experience merges. So much easier that way,
going about life, knowing what to do, to help others, and ourselves. Again, it
is a personal thing, for each of us to personally evaluate, for ourselves,
regarding our own experience.

I must be prescient, having just said:

 "I honestly think that a large part of the problem is that many of the players
on the Believer side of this particular discussion have been indoctrinated by
Maharishi not only with poor critical thinking skills, but with an actual false
belief.

 "That is, they believe that their subjective experience constitutes objective
proof.

 "It doesn't, and never will."

:-)