 Yes, they are both a piece of work. I think both of them take extreme views,
in social settings, because both of them feel to be outsiders, in the world
they inhabit. Their position reminds me of that of the most vociferous born
again "christians", often found proselytizing, while working minimum wage jobs.

 These are not successful people, Barry and Curtis. Both are white, from upper
middle class backgrounds, privileged as American citizens, and each with a
college degree. Yet, not a hill of beans, between them. I am not necessarily
talking about material possessions, but things like strength of character,
foresight, humility, social intelligence, and a simple ability to achieve that
which they set out to do. All of this, is lacking in them.

 So, being emotionally immature, and intellectually lazy, they begin to show
their discontent with society, that it hasn't rewarded them for their bad
decisions. They profess atheism, and go all out against God, and enlightenment,
and any sort of spiritual endeavor that they don't approve of. They see
themselves failing by societies norms, and have now taken the position, that,
"You can't fire me, I quit!"

 But, the argument that only they are right, and the rest of the world, as
represented by the other members of this forum, is wrong, is clearly not sane
thinking.

 Not that it matters but I don't put Curtis anywhere in the same ball park as
bawee. Although I don't agree with Curtis on some of his stances or his
sometimes very acerbic way of communicating these stances I see Curtis as a
creative guy, well versed in his passion of blues/music and who cares enough
about the planet to be teaching and giving back to young people in a school
district that doesn't appear to be a place that is a walk in the park. I also
see Curtis as someone who has gotten softer and gentler here over the few short
years I have been around. Just my unimportant and random opinion. Curtis is
more than capable of a civilized and well thought out response whereas bawee
has a chronic case of burr-up-his-ass that appears to be a terminal condition.

        • Re... curtisdeltabl...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
        • Re... curtisdeltabl...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • [Fairf... curtisdeltabl...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • Re: [Fairf... fleetwood_macnche...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]