I admit it. I left those plumes there when I created the universe.  :-)

________________________________
 From: "'Rick Archer' r...@searchsummit.com [FairfieldLife]"
<FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
To: FairfieldLife <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2014 5:14 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Hubble Sees Turquoise-Tinted Plumes in Large
Magellanic Cloud

I always knew TurquoiseB was an inter-galactic dude:
Hubble Sees Turquoise-Tinted Plumes in Large Magellanic Cloud
10/21/2014 12:00 PM EDT
The brightly glowing plumes seen in this image are reminiscent of an underwater
scene, with turquoise-tinted currents and nebulous strands reaching out into
the surroundings. However, this is no ocean. This image actually shows part of
the Large Magellanic Cloud (LMC), a small nearby galaxy that orbits our galaxy,
the Milky Way, and appears as a blurred blob in our skies. The NASA/European
Space Agency (ESA) Hubble Space Telescope has peeked many times into this
galaxy, releasing stunning images of the whirling clouds of gas and sparkling
stars (opo9944a, heic1301, potw1408a). This image shows part of the Tarantula
Nebula's outskirts. This famously beautiful nebula, located within the LMC, is
a frequent target for Hubble (heic1206, heic1402).  In most images of the LMC
the color is completely different to that seen here. This is because, in this
new image, a different set of filters was used. The customary R filter, which
selects the red light, was
 replaced by a filter letting through the near-infrared light. In traditional
images, the hydrogen gas appears pink because it shines most brightly in the
red. Here however, other less prominent emission lines dominate in the blue and
green filters. This data is part of the Archival Pure Parallel Project (APPP),
a project that gathered together and processed over 1,000 images taken using
Hubble’s Wide Field Planetary Camera 2, obtained in parallel with other Hubble
instruments. Much of the data in the project could be used to study a wide
range of astronomical topics, including gravitational lensing and cosmic shear,
exploring distant star-forming galaxies, supplementing observations in other
wavelength ranges with optical data, and examining star populations from
stellar heavyweights all the way down to solar-mass stars. Image Credit:
ESA/Hubble & NASA: acknowledgement: Josh Barrington Text: European Space Agency