That's a nice piece Ann.

 I feel as though I have a pretty good idea of the "real" person behind
people's online persona.

 I think you might be referring to Barry in some of what you say here.

 I've had a changing relationship with him.

 He thinks I've changed. I think he's changed.

 Honestly.  I mean, really honestly.  I don't care.

 I still like him, although I think he is disappointed in me, and I in him, to
some extent.

 But who the hell cares!

 FFL offers a pleasant back and forth (at least enough of the time), and a
chance to hear different perspectives.

 I like Curtis' input because he will ask you in a genuine way, to justify your
position on things, and ask you to share your opinion.

 Lord knows he is repeatedly asked to defend his position on issues.

 And it is important, to at some point, say, "fair enough, I guess we see
things differently" and then move on.

 That has been easier to do, these last four, five, or six months. (however
long its been)   (-:

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <curtisdeltablues@...> wrote :

 I may not respond point by point Ann. You and I have our clear channel. I
think we get each other. I am more of a one one one poster here. Steve nailed
me recently. He said I respond to everyone in sympathetic response to how they
respond to me. That was a typical insightful naildown from my brother Steve.

You and I do not agree with our perspectives on Barry. But you have separated
your view of him from my friendliness toward him. I can't tell you how much I
appreciate that Ann. You are a friend here.  And in my world. I can be friends
with you AND Barry and appreciate you both for different reasons. That is how I
roll.  I think you roll that way too. Robin was unable to allow me to be
connected to people who were hostile toward him and still be friendly with him.
You seem able to go beyond this. I like you, and I like Barry. What you do
between yourselves is none of my business.

Does that work for you?

 Ahhh, now I get to talk to you friend to friend. Curtis, you know I support
you 100% in what I see as your diligent and love-inspired passionate pursuit of
your art, your music. No one can ever take that away from you. As an artist you
are rarified, you are special because artists have to wade through tough,
weed-choked waters. There is little money in it and there is the need to keep
moving on and progressing even when things seem to have become comfortable and
even profitable in their way. But real artists are never at rest, so it can be
grueling and bone-racking. But, I digress.

 Of course I can appreciate/like someone who likes or believes in something I
either dislike or don't ascribe to. bawee commented on my applauding Gervais as
if I didn't realize he was an athiest. C'mon, really? Of course I can
appreciate someone who may believe very different things than I do - especially
when it comes to something as silly as religion or lack of it. But let's not
talk about bawee, I have my hands full just smacking him into line day after
day - it is an exhausting pursuit but someone has to do it so I sacrifice
myself on the wheel of necessity. There will be some reward in heaven for my
efforts, I am sure.

 Curtis, this old internet world is a funny one. Before FFL I never
participated in any forums and so I had to figure stuff out. One thing is that
while I am a straight shooter (whatever anyone sees of me here is exactly how I
am in the flesh) I don't believe this holds true for some others here. For some
reason forums are an opportunity to become another part of who they are, or
they simply create something they wished  they were. I don't know and I don't
care. We all operate from where we feel comfortable or even from where we can
push ourselves as a sort of exercise in pressing personal limits. But whatever
it is, some simply cross the bounds of decency (and I use that word in the old
fashioned sense, decency being what is civil, sensitive and truthful). They
commit a kind of trespass on the sensibilities of those who are effected by
such things. They act like a sort of emotional jack hammer. It's simply not
what I seek out in life where so much is beautiful and delicate and can enter
your life as the subtlest whisper of revelation and even promise. Jack hammers
are a dime a dozen.

 So, you must be a man of deep capacity to be able to hold within your
appreciation myself and someone as different as I am in the form of bawee.
Maybe one day I'll get there too.