Profoundly moving. He's a good communicator in print as well as music.

 I remember people I know used to sneer at "Rocket launcher" as if it was just
the product of a rich westerner playing the revolutionary. I suspect because
you have to really look to find out what is going on in the world and they
never bothered or even understood why I was interested in what gets done in my
name. History is written by the victors and US involvement in affairs like this
were given a ridiculous gloss if they were mentioned at all so nobody really
knows about it. I'd like to send them a copy of that chapter.

 Journalist John Pilger is one of the few who really tries to bring this stuff
out, his book "The new rulers of the world" is worth a read, it's about how the
IMF and western security agencies redrew the rule book on how we treat the rest
of the world in this post-empire age. Basically just looting it for it's
wealth, privatising the remains and making sure the country remains in our debt
forever.

 Following up, for those who know the song but not the story of how and why it
was written, here it is, another excerpt from the upcoming memoir "Rumours Of
Glory." Rated not for the faint-hearted, and not for people like Buck and Jim,
who prefer their sitting-on-their-fat-asses fantasizing how the world works to
actually getting off those fat asses and going there to see how it really works.

 Rumours of Glory: A Memoir by Bruce Cockburn (Excerpt: Chapter 11)
https://www.scribd.com/doc/243718681/Rumours-of-Glory-A-Memoir-by-Bruce-Cockburn-Excerpt-Chapter-11

https://www.scribd.com/doc/243718681/Rumours-of-Glory-A-Memoir-by-Bruce-Cockburn-Excerpt-Chapter-11

 Rumours of Glory: A Memoir by Bruce Cockburn (Excerp...
https://www.scribd.com/doc/243718681/Rumours-of-Glory-A-Memoir-by-Bruce-Cockburn-Excerpt-Chapter-11
 Legendary Canadian singer and songwriter Bruce Cockburn delivers his
long-awaited memoir—a chronicle of faith, fear, and activism that is also a
lively cu...

 View on www.scribd.com
https://www.scribd.com/doc/243718681/Rumours-of-Glory-A-Memoir-by-Bruce-Cockburn-Excerpt-Chapter-11
 Preview by Yahoo

 For the few Bruce Cockburn fans here, this is just a smokin' video version of
Bruce performing one of his signature songs, from the new DVD included in the
upcoming "Rumours Of Glory" set. This should be the theme song playing in the
background when you look up "Revolution Theology" in the Catholic Encyclopedia.

 Bruce Cockburn - If I Had A Rocket Launcher LIVE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vOCcFB5eqg&feature=youtu.be

 View on www.youtube.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vOCcFB5eqg&feature=youtu.be
 Preview by Yahoo