On 10/21/2014 9:49 PM, awoelfleba...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:
Yeah, I've seen $cientologists like this in action, and for the life of me can't tell any difference between them and Richard, Ann, Jimbo, and She Whose Holy Work They Are Continuing In Her Absence. Uber-cultists, the whole lot of them. :-)

I admit to causing part of it by withdrawing my attention from them, and depriving them of what they really want -- a captive audience at whom to spew their shit. They're reacting as expected, like junkies deprived of their fix.

Ann is predictable because this seems to be what she *always* does when someone dumps her -- she's just substituted me as the object of her revenge-stalking this time instead of Robin. Richard's the same troll he's always been, so no surprise there. There has really never *been* a time during his tenure on a.m.t. and FFL in which he was sane, so IMO it's kinda silly to expect anything approaching sanity from him now.

But Jimbo is really the strangest of the lot lately. He's managed to take the money he inherited, turn that in his mind into some kind of "success," and then move out into the country, effectively cutting himself off from all human contact and causing him to make more and more and more of his lunatic rants. He probably gets up in the middle of the night and goes out to yell the same thing at the skunks on his property -- "I'm BETTER than you are! I'm enlightened, and you're NOT. So there!" :-)

I am reading these posts today in chronological order so I haven't yet seen anyone's response to this. I would be curious to see Curtis respond point by point to this post. What do you think about what bawee has said here Curtis? Maybe by the time I have read everything up to 7:49 pm my time I will see you have done this already.

/Apparently Curtis does not want to talk about Barry's personal beliefs, such as a belief in Buddhas, karma, and reincarnation. Obviously Barry only wants to talk about personalities, not important questions such as does the universe have a beginning and is there an intelligent agent behind creation.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events. Small minds just like to talk about people. Go figure./

/A belief in Buddhas is not a mental illness - it's just an opinion or a point of view. Unless Barry is experiencing cognitive dissonance.

//Apparently Barry did not read any of the messages posted by masked_zebra, so why would Barry be bringing this subject up again when everyone knows that Barry got his nose bloodied by Judy and Robin a few months ago on this same subject - St Thomas Aquinas and the prime mover or first cause.

Sometimes, it is difficult to reconcile a personal belief with logic, common sense or science. At times it's helpful to read a book, take a community college course, or consult with your friends about what you believe. Get another point of view from someone like Sam Harris. So, Harris is a neuroscientist and a Buddhist - that's interesting.

After reading Harris' books, you'd think that Barry could use some of that information to make an intelligent point about believing in reincarnation and karma. Go figure./

*'Waking Up: A Guide to Spirituality Without Religion**'*
by Sam Harris
Simon & Schuste
Amazon reviews:
http://tinyurl.com/q6wme6g