On 10/22/2014 5:36 AM, TurquoiseBee turquoi...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:
*From:* salyavin808 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>

*From:* "anartaxius@... [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
As to the first question, mental illness perhaps results from atypical wiring and growth of the brain, causes not necessarily known. Mental illness is not considered a contagious disease. So contrary to the title Barry gave to this thread, the hook if you will, belief in god is not a mental illness.

Many people disagree with this. These sociologists, psychologists, and religious historians believe that history shows us that not *only* is religion indistinguishable from mental illness (think the actions that the Inquisition considered "holy"), it is very, very much communcable (the Inquisition lasted for *800 years*, fucking up Western society in ways that are still felt today).

/Non sequitur. Barry sounds very afraid of dialoging about religion or spiritual paths. He's been on the inside of two religious groups, but he doesn't seem to want to talk about it. He won't even tell us about the secret tantra techniques or the secret mantras. Go figure.

Apparently he is a TB: "True Believers tend to believe in absolutist terms (either l00% true or 100% false) and they can't tolerate situations in which://
//
// a. the truth is unknown//
// b. the truth is midway between extremes//
// c. simply unknowable//
// d. variants such as true some of the time, but at other times not true, or true for some people but not others."/

Plus, look at how one person defined their religion just today: "But let's not talk about bawee, I have my hands full just smacking him into line day after day - it is an exhausting pursuit but someone has to do it so I sacrifice myself on the wheel of necessity. There will be some reward in heaven for my efforts, I am sure."

This person clearly feels not only that they are going to be rewarded with heaven for stalking the person they've chosen to stalk, but it is their "duty" to stalk him, to "smack him into line day after day," as if 1) she was entitled to, or 2) that ever happened.

See what I mean about religion being a form of mental illness? Here you have a person who chooses to excuse her stalking behavior and obsession on one particular person she hates by claiming it's her religious duty to act like this. This religious fanatic not only admits to being a stalker, she *celebrates* it and hopes to end up in heaven *for* being a stalker. I'd say that was pretty mentally ill, wouldn't you? :-) :-) :-)

It's seriously weird behaviour, channelling Judy perhaps?

I wonder who the intended audience is? Maybe there's an imaginary one that applauds every such post. That would be a sign of poor mental health!

Well, before I started moving Ann's messages to the Deranged Stalkers From Hell folder, I seem to remember her being the person who claimed to know for sure that nothing bad had happened to Judy. That would indicate that they were in communication, right? So my bet is that Ann's "audience" is in fact the person who has been directing her stalking efforts from behind the scenes.

But even if this isn't the case, I would suggest that...uh...overestimating one's "audience" IS, in fact, a sign of mental illness. For example, several times now over the years I have asked Jim Flanegin to settle once and for all the issue of whether anyone actually *believes* his claims to be enlightened by simply ASKING. All it would take is for him to post to FFL, asking those who *do* believe he's enlightened to reply and say so. He has steadfastly refused to do this, all while insinuating that he has "friends" here, as if the fact that they pat him on the back when he stalks the people he was told to stalk means that they actually believe his claim to be enlightened. Heck, even *Nabby* has never said he thinks Jim is enlightened. Nabby probably thinks David Lynch and the occasional scarecrow next to a crop circle are enlightened, but he doesn't think Jim is. Says a lot, right? :-)

The clear "sign of poor mental health" IMO is the fact that these people -- at this point, primarily Ann, Jim, Richard, and Steve -- seem to feel that they have not only the right but a "duty" to harass and stalk those on this forum they don't like. I suggest that what they're really trying to do is SILENCE these people they stalk, because *they* don't like what they say. The deranged stalkers *pretend* that they're doing this stalking "for the good of the forum," or "to protect those who might be taken in or misled by what these liars might say," but of course we all know that the members of the original Inquisition said exactly the same thing about why *they* were deranged stalkers.

I would suggest that the bottom line about Ann, Jim, Richard, and Steve's sanity is whether anyone is actually paying any attention to what they write. I don't read their posts, so they're not talking to me. even though they often pretend to be. Almost no one else bothers to reply to their stalker posts, so it would seem that they aren't really talking to these people they're claiming to be "protecting," either. Thus it seems clear that they are either talking exclusively to each other (a strong psychopathic trait among similarly-insane inmates in asylums) or to themselves (an even more psychopathic trait).

Wouldn't it be much more sane just to IGNORE the writings -- and the writers -- they don't like? Feeling the need to "get" the writers or "smack" them in several posts a day...for months, or even years...seems almost *by definition* insane to me. The lurking reporters have confirmed that they see Ann, Jim, Richard, and Steve this way, as cult apologists stalking critics of their cult. Why can't the stalkers themselves see it?