On 10/22/2014 8:44 AM, steve.sun...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:

I mean, what does this say about someone who wants to share something, but can't do so, without a gratuitous slam.

/You need to realize, Steve, that we are dealing with a clear case of cognitive dissonance. //
//
//Almost everyone admires Bruce Cockburn as a song writer and as a singer. We saw him when he performed in Austin at the One World Theater last year. He is a great song writer and singer.

But, according to Barry, Cockburn has a "mental illness." Almost everyone knows that Cockburn was raised as an agnostic, and early in his career became a born again Christian.

Apparently Barry does not want to deal with reality or with paradoxes, so he just lashes out at his perceived enemies - anyone who doesn't agree with him. Go figure. /

I mean, I'm trying to figure out the dynamics of the same destination being the place one goes (evidently out of lack of options) for social interaction with a place where one despises most of the active participants.

Like, I will share something because I really want to share it with someone, but just so you know, I do it under protest because you are a &%&$#* in my book.

And thoughts Xeno?  (-;

Following up, for those who know the song but not the story of how and why it was written, here it is, another excerpt from the upcoming memoir "Rumours Of Glory." Rated not for the faint-hearted, and not for people like Buck and Jim, who prefer their sitting-on-their-fat-asses fantasizing how the world works to actually getting off those fat asses and going there to see how it really works.

Rumours of Glory: A Memoir by Bruce Cockburn (Excerpt: Chapter 11) <https://www.scribd.com/doc/243718681/Rumours-of-Glory-A-Memoir-by-Bruce-Cockburn-Excerpt-Chapter-11>

image <https://www.scribd.com/doc/243718681/Rumours-of-Glory-A-Memoir-by-Bruce-Cockburn-Excerpt-Chapter-11>

Rumours of Glory: A Memoir by Bruce Cockburn (Excerp... <https://www.scribd.com/doc/243718681/Rumours-of-Glory-A-Memoir-by-Bruce-Cockburn-Excerpt-Chapter-11> Legendary Canadian singer and songwriter Bruce Cockburn delivers his long-awaited memoir—a chronicle of faith, fear, and activism that is also a lively cu...

View on www.scribd.com <https://www.scribd.com/doc/243718681/Rumours-of-Glory-A-Memoir-by-Bruce-Cockburn-Excerpt-Chapter-11>

Preview by Yahoo

For the few Bruce Cockburn fans here, this is just a smokin' video version of Bruce performing one of his signature songs, from the new DVD included in the upcoming "Rumours Of Glory" set. This should be the theme song playing in the background when you look up "Revolution Theology" in the Catholic Encyclopedia.

Bruce Cockburn - If I Had A Rocket Launcher LIVE <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vOCcFB5eqg&feature=youtu.be>

image <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vOCcFB5eqg&feature=youtu.be>

Bruce Cockburn - If I Had A Rocket Launcher LIVE <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vOCcFB5eqg&feature=youtu.be>

View on www.youtube.com <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vOCcFB5eqg&feature=youtu.be>