How many millionaires and even billionaires do you actually know, Mike? Your upside down idea is just that: upside down. It would never work. Once again a 90% tax on the rich keeps them from their OCD of accumulating wealth and their narcissistic drive to be YEN (Yet Another Napoleon). It's not to fund the government. There are not many rich people who actually produced anything other than more money for themselves. They are opportunists who often buy small businesses to get new products.

Humans are just not that sophisticated or evolved that they will do good things if they have the luck to accumulate a lot of wealth. In general many of the wealthy are not money managers so they turn that over to companies who manage their wealth for them and they have only one goal to make as much money as possible for their client. It's like a horrible machine destroying anything in it's way of making income.

As for the poor. Just where are the jobs? Where are the opportunities. Seems we do have a federal jobs program: the military. That's not a good idea at all. Looking around I find many highly educated people shut out of the job market. The best they can do is to try to come up with some winning thing in a world where everyone else is trying to do that. Quite a mess.

So let's add a basic income program too.

On 10/22/2014 09:57 AM, Mike Dixon mdixon.6...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:
Sure, I'll take the bate! You knew I would. Why tax multi-millionaires more, they're already taxed heavily and they are producers in our economy. I have a novel idea, why not tax poverty for a change? IF you're a taker, you could start working out your karma by having part of what you have taken, taken back from you. We should consider taxing people out of poverty. The more you make , the less(percentage wise) you would pay in tax to a point. Might motivate some to earn more so they could pay less and keep more. Of course there can always be exceptions such as for the elderly and retired, disabled or whatever. As Maharishi says, "nobody has a right to suffer" and I say "In America, nobody has a right to live in poverty and if they do, they should pay for it. *From:* "Bhairitu noozg...@sbcglobal.net [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
*To:* FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
*Sent:* Wednesday, October 22, 2014 9:23 AM
*Subject:* [FairfieldLife] Economists: tax the rich at 90 percent

I'm sure we'll hear from the "taking other people's money" crowd here
but I've thought this would be a good idea for years. Doubt if we have
any multi-millionaire US citizens here so we would all get a tax break.
And the money hoarders would get a deterrent (which was the real reason
for the Eisenhower years tax rate which was not to make the government
rich).

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/22/economists-tax-rich_n_6024430.html

Billionairism is a mental illness.

  • [FairfieldLife]... Bhairitu noozg...@sbcglobal.net [FairfieldLife]