From: "Michael Jackson mjackson74@...
   Well said Barry - and I agree with every word

--- <turquoiseb@...> wrote :

It's NOT that I'm saying that seeking spiritual experiences ISN'T valuable. I'm
just pointing out that almost no one in history has ever stepped up to the
plate and made an objective, scientific case for what that value might be.

It depends on what one wants in life.  Let's say that there
are basicaly two paths, left path and right path. If the
left path is a one way trip, the right path is cyclical
trip. The BG mentions it as sun path and moon path.

Most teachers or seekers just *assume* that these experiences they have or
claim to have had are valuable, but when called upon to do so, they can't
really produce any strong arguments for WHY they are valuable, or WHAT that
supposed value is. I'm suggesting that this oversight is epidemic in the world
of "spiritual practices," the elephant in the room that no one ever talks
about. The people promoting these practices just *assume* that these
experiences they're having or seeking are *worth* having or seeking, and debate
the supposedly best ways of achieving them. But I don't know of very many who
have taken that "step back," beyond the assumption, and have tried to make a
case for WHY they're so intent on achieving these things. What is it that they
hope to "achieve," and WHY would others want to do so?

Answers such as, "Well, I want to have these experiences because Jim Flanegin
said that I would be a low-vibe slime until I had them the way he has" do not

It's the same problem I see with religion in general. The people urging others
to join their religions don't seem to ever offer any real-world,
payoff-in-this-lifetime reasons for doing so. They just *assume* that there is
a payoff, and try to bluff their way through without ever specifying what it
is. Millions and millions of seekers over the ages, and almost none of them
have ever come up with a real *value* for all this seeking they're devoting
their lives to. I'm NOT suggesting that there isn't one, just pointing out that
no one ever seems to talk about it if there is.