--In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <noozguru@...> wrote :

 I don't have much in the way of movies to recommend this month because
 most all I have been watching have been horror films. That's because I
 hang out with a group on a forum that tries to watch a horror film each
 night in October to celebrate "31 Days of Halloween". Most films I
 watch would not be for the faint of heart here. But one from Turq's
 former country of residence, Spain, is actually more of a dark comedy
 and called "Witching and Bitching". Sounds like FFL doesn't it? But
 it's about a heist in Madrid and how the crooks escape to a small town
 and learn it is run by witches. Lots of comedy of errors. It's on
 Netflix WI.

I decided to look into this one and discovered it was by Alex de la Iglesia,
considered one of the enfant terrible directors of Spain. I'd seen one of his
earlier films in English, "The Oxford Murders," and loved it, so I gave this
one a try. What you said about it was true, but you didn't convey how FUNNY it
was, and how much of a commentary on eternal male-female stereotypes of each
other it was. Iglesia has been compared (favorably) with Robert Rodriguez and
Quentin Tarantino, and now I see why.

Rated SO not for Buck, and probably not for many others here. But for the
twisted few, it's a real gas...