From: "curtisdeltabl...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]"
<FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>

To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, October 25, 2014 3:53 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Apocalypse Porn

What if there were a type of fiction that -- intentionally -- catered to
believers in religious fantasies that predict a coming apocalypse that
(according to their dogma) will kill all but the most faithful believers? What
would its primary characteristics be?

M: I believe it is called the book of Revelations! You nailed why such a
psychotic rant was included in the books of the Bible. One aspect of heaven
that was added later was the idea that you not only are in Heaven with God, not
good enough, you get to see the sinners burn in hell like an eternal Halloween
scare-a-thon movie week schedule.

I think you have nailed in a different way the core of Jim and Nabbie's
behavior here toward you and Michael and me. It is pretty ugly. They have
twisted living well is the best revenge into telling stories about them not
living well will be our revenge. This is the continuum that leads to the
inquisition. It is in our human nature deep. The routine they ran on Michael
was the next step out there IMO, equating him with terrorists. Very ugly stuff.

It's a very strange mindset, this Inquisition stuff. Nabby's *always* been like
this, and I think Jim has picked it up lately since it's become apparent that
he can't point to a single person on the planet who actually believes his tales
of being enlightened. Jim's entire life seems to revolve around these
fantasized stories he tells about himself, so when NO ONE believes them, he
panics, and feels he has to lash out and tell equally made-up stories about
other people.

What is more disturbing is when people like Steve and Buck do exactly the same
thing. Bottom line, as you address in other threads, is that they've all
seemingly sunk to the level of Richard Williams, willing to lie and make up
things to "get" the people they don't like. Their anger is so great and their
cognitive dissonance buttons are so pushed that they really *don't see anything
wrong with this*. They seem to think they're actually somehow "defending TM"
and acting as good examples of TMers while lying like this.
    • [Fairfield... curtisdeltabl...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]