my position is to call a spade a spade. What makes you think the people who
learned their craft from Marshy who was a con artist and liar, who taught them
that they were and are above the laws of man and considerations of ethical
behavior because they are the custodians of "supreme knowledge" and are privy
to a magnificent view of the universe that the rest of us are too coarse and
ignorant to see would ever change what has been working for them all these
decades?

You are hanging onto a fantasy that will never be fulfilled. The TMO, its
leaders, its mid level and low level managers all behave with that energy that
Marshy taught them works - and none of it has ever done a thing for the people
of the world, regardless of those who believe the very fact of getting a mantra
is some big deal.

To illustrate, I offer you a piece of writing my friend Bill sent me after I
sent him the Gina Catena audio. I think Bill makes some cogent points, albeit
from a Christian point of view.

"I have a friend who over the past 10 years or so pulled himself out of a
marriage to a mentally ill and abusive wife.  It took a lot of
counseling for him to recognize his situation, but he finally
extricated himself and his teenage daughter from this situation.

One of the things he told me he learned from this experience is that
families can become “cults”.  When you hear Gina Catina’s story, you
realize that the TMO provides fertile ground for the most dysfunctional
sides of families to express themselves and thrive.  The same kind of
things can happen in Christendom, when a vision of “sanctification”
becomes a thing of worship to the exclusion of common sense
spirituality.

I was thinking today that most of the problems of the TMO came from
the attempt to move beyond the original intention to simply provide a
meditation technique.

The TMO tried to provide a foundation on which to build community, completely
ignoring and rejecting the traditional
foundation -  organized religion and all it stands for.  The social
context that Christianity provides is a model of spiritual growth
through giving selflessly of oneself based on the example of Jesus,
whereas in the TMO this basic social context is absent.  The TM context
is based on a selfish pursuit of self development at all costs.

At the
top of the TMO is a man who achieved something by sitting in a cave and
having people take care of him.  This has it place and its own value,
but doesn’t translate into a foundation for a social system.

In spite
of all the talk of dynamic activity, it doesn’t translate.  The ultimate
 message is one of disassociation of yourself not only from the
activities of the world, but also from relationship with each other.
Compound that with a belief system where the man at the top is a perfect
 human being, and you have fertile ground for all kinds of dysfunction."