Okay, things change. Git ready for change. Things are changing inside TM. There
yet are a lot of good people in TM for good reasons and the organizational
model and processes has changed since the demise of the founder. There is a lot
more transparency and process. We'll see if you can change around this.
  -Buck on the Ground in Fairfield

 mjackson74 wrote :

 my position is to call a spade a spade. What makes you think the people who
learned their craft from Marshy who was a con artist and liar, who taught them
that they were and are above the laws of man and considerations of ethical
behavior because they are the custodians of "supreme knowledge" and are privy
to a magnificent view of the universe that the rest of us are too coarse and
ignorant to see would ever change what has been working for them all these
decades?

 You are hanging onto a fantasy that will never be fulfilled. The TMO, its
leaders, its mid level and low level managers all behave with that energy that
Marshy taught them works - and none of it has ever done a thing for the people
of the world, regardless of those who believe the very fact of getting a mantra
is some big deal.

 To illustrate, I offer you a piece of writing my friend Bill sent me after I
sent him the Gina Catena audio. I think Bill makes some cogent points, albeit
from a Christian point of view.

"I have a friend who over the past 10 years or so pulled himself out of a
marriage to a mentally ill and abusive wife.  It took a lot of counseling for
him to recognize his situation, but he finally extricated himself and his
teenage daughter from this situation.

 One of the things he told me he learned from this experience is that families
can become “cults”.  When you hear Gina Catina’s story, you realize that the
TMO provides fertile ground for the most dysfunctional sides of families to
express themselves and thrive.  The same kind of things can happen in
Christendom, when a vision of “sanctification” becomes a thing of worship to
the exclusion of common sense spirituality.

I was thinking today that most of the problems of the TMO came from the attempt
to move beyond the original intention to simply provide a meditation technique.

The TMO tried to provide a foundation on which to build community, completely
ignoring and rejecting the traditional foundation -  organized religion and all
it stands for.  The social context that Christianity provides is a model of
spiritual growth through giving selflessly of oneself based on the example of
Jesus, whereas in the TMO this basic social context is absent.  The TM context
is based on a selfish pursuit of self development at all costs.

At the top of the TMO is a man who achieved something by sitting in a cave and
having people take care of him.  This has it place and its own value, but
doesn’t translate into a foundation for a social system.

In spite of all the talk of dynamic activity, it doesn’t translate.  The
ultimate message is one of disassociation of yourself not only from the
activities of the world, but also from relationship with each other.  Compound
that with a belief system where the man at the top is a perfect human being,
and you have fertile ground for all kinds of dysfunction."

 Sent: Sunday, October 26, 2014 11:38 PM
 Subject: [FairfieldLife] FFL, Hating, Turq, Ethics, and Belief in God is a
form of mental illness

   Om, Dear MJ; under a theory that ethics is a leading economic indicator of
organizational life, could your vitriolic level as to TM, the Maharishi and the
meditation he promulgated and some of TM's past leadership be malleable if the
new TM movement has changed its ethical code and behavior? Or, are you locked
in to your feelings and opinion? Just wondering. I am seeing quite a lot of
change [movement] in the new TM movement.  Does that kind of healthy change
dismay your position?
 Kindly,
 -Buck

 mjackson74 wrote :

 The fact that they had that ['Explicative Deleted] Bob Schneider, a
cardiologist, doing a lecture on Vedic psychiatry which was primarily more
Movement bullshit of think sweet thoughts, don't think negative thoughts, read
Hindoo scriptures and do TM - that says what the Movement really thinks and is
doing about TM suicides than the community meetings they are participating in
ONLY to save face and put on a good show until they can get the people
suffering from depression alone to tell them its their fault, their karma, they
just aren't pure enough yet, so more TM Siddhi practice and some yagyas as well
as a good big fat donation to the Movement will cure them.