From: "Bhairitu noozg...@sbcglobal.net [FairfieldLife]"
<FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>

On 10/27/2014 12:21 AM, TurquoiseBee turquoi...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:

>From: salyavin808 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>
>

>---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <jr_esq@...> wrote :
>

>Translation please.  Interesting message, if it means anything.
>

>It's a way of letting super-intelligent machines join in the fun on FFL,
>they'll destroy us last if we speak their language.
>

>And they'll destroy those who don't believe they're the one true God first.
>Same as the God that believers believe in did, according to the books they
>believe are "scriptures."

Wasn't there a little TV series about this?  I think it was called
    "Battlestar Gallactica" or something like that?

Interestingly enough, if you go back to the beginning (the underappreciated
prequel "Caprica"), it turns out that the entire reason the Cylons wound up
thinking like this is because they were created by human religious fanatics who
believed in a single god, not the multiple gods that everyone else believed in.

I guess those "desert believers" (Christians, Jews, Muslims) and their
aggressive belief in a single god are bad news even in fiction.  :-)

"Caprica" really *was* far more intelligent than "Battlestar Galactica," BTW.
It failed because it didn't have enough shoot 'em ups and space battle scenes
to suit the taste of American vidiots.
          • ... salyavin808
          • ... salyavin808
          • ... jr_...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]