On 10/27/2014 08:59 AM, TurquoiseBee turquoi...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:
*From:* "Bhairitu noozg...@sbcglobal.net [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> On 10/27/2014 12:21 AM, TurquoiseBee turquoi...@yahoo.com <mailto:turquoi...@yahoo.com> [FairfieldLife] wrote:
*From:* salyavin808 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com> <mailto:no_re...@yahoogroups.com>

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com <mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>, <jr_esq@...> <mailto:jr_esq@...> wrote :

Translation please.  Interesting message, if it means anything.

It's a way of letting super-intelligent machines join in the fun on FFL, they'll destroy us last if we speak their language.

And they'll destroy those who don't believe they're the one true God first. Same as the God that believers believe in did, according to the books they believe are "scriptures."

Wasn't there a little TV series about this? I think it was called "Battlestar Gallactica" or something like that?

Interestingly enough, if you go back to the beginning (the underappreciated prequel "Caprica"), it turns out that the entire reason the Cylons wound up thinking like this is because they were created by human religious fanatics who believed in a single god, not the multiple gods that everyone else believed in.

I guess those "desert believers" (Christians, Jews, Muslims) and their aggressive belief in a single god are bad news even in fiction. :-)

"Caprica" really *was* far more intelligent than "Battlestar Galactica," BTW. It failed because it didn't have enough shoot 'em ups and space battle scenes to suit the taste of American vidiots.

For some reason I saw the pilot for "Caprica" before it was on Syfy. I think they released it on DVD as a promo because the series wasn't slated to start until later. The pilot was unrated and the rave scene at the beginning had nudity in it. The girl that played the daughter/bot shows up from time to time in indie movies and she's from Palo Alto.

          • ... salyavin808
          • ... jr_...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
          • ... salyavin808
  • Re: [FairfieldL... jr_...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]