Religious apologists, particularly those of the Christian variety, are big
fans of what I have dubbed, the atheist atrocities fallacy. Christians commonly
employ this fallacy to shield their egos from the harsh reality of the
brutality of their own religion, by utilizing a most absurd form of the tu
quoque (“you too”) fallacy, mingled with numerous other logical fallacies and
historical inaccuracies.  Despite the fact that the atheist atrocities fallacy
has already been thoroughly exposed by Hitchens and other great thinkers, it
continues to circulate amongst the desperate believers of a religion in its
death throes.  Should an atheist present a believer with the crimes committed
by the Holy See of the Inquisition(s), the Crusaders and other faith-wielding
misanthropes, they will often hear the reply; “Well, what about Stalin, Pol Pot
and Hitler? They were atheists, and they killed millions!”
 Given the obstinate nature of religious faith and the wilful ignorance it
cultivates in the mind of the believer, I am quite certain that this article
will not be the final nail in this rancid and rotting coffin.  Having said
this, I do hope it will contribute to the arsenal required by those who value
reason, facts and evidence, in their struggle against the fallacies perpetually
flaunted by those who do not value the truth above their own egocentric
delusions, delusions inspired by an unquenchable thirst for security, no matter
how frighteningly false its foundation.
 Before addressing the primary weaknesses of the atheist atrocities fallacy
itself, I would like to attend to each of these three homicidal stooges;
Stalin, Pol Pot and Hitler, who are constantly trotted out to defend a
religious worldview.  I will lend Hitler the most time, as the claim that he
was an atheist represents a most egregious violation of the truth.

 THE ATHEIST ATROCITIES FALLACY - HITLER, STALIN & POL POT
http://michaelsherlockauthor.wordpress.com/2014/10/21/the-atheist-atrocities-fallacy-hitler-stalin-pol-pot-in-memory-of-christopher-hitchens/

http://michaelsherlockauthor.wordpress.com/2014/10/21/the-atheist-atrocities-fallacy-hitler-stalin-pol-pot-in-memory-of-christopher-hitchens/

 THE ATHEIST ATROCITIES FALLACY - HITLER, STAL...
http://michaelsherlockauthor.wordpress.com/2014/10/21/the-atheist-atrocities-fallacy-hitler-stalin-pol-pot-in-memory-of-christopher-hitchens/
 In Memory of Christopher Hitchens Religious apologists, particularly those of
the Christian variety, are big fans of what I have dubbed, the atheist
atrocities fall...

 View on michaelsherlockaut...
http://michaelsherlockauthor.wordpress.com/2014/10/21/the-atheist-atrocities-fallacy-hitler-stalin-pol-pot-in-memory-of-christopher-hitchens/

 Preview by Yahoo