 It all depends on how you look at the universe.

 A good description of reality won't depend on how we look at it. In fact, it's
the aim of science to explain the universe and everything in it independent of
our opinions and beliefs.

   If you think that the world is based in consciousness,

 Which I most definitely do not, that being a religious idea that explains
nothing and in fact, makes things harder to understand because it requires an
explanation as to how this consciousness came into being.

 then life is present in all of creation.  The suns can be considered the
manifestations of consciousness which can be seen as stars in the night sky
from Earth.

 I don't think suns can be considered like that. They are after all, just
massive nuclear fusion bombs. I can't see any way they might be conscious or
manifestations of consciousness. Which isn't to say they aren't amazing, our
sun burns off 4 million tons of its own weight every single second! That single
fact on it's own is worth any amount of rubbish from the vedas which won;t tell
you the first thing about stellar evolution.

 As suggested by Patanjali, these suns create planets that may or may not be
situated in the "Goldilocks Zone".  Astronomers recently have found that there
are now several earthlike planets outside our solar system that can potentially
have life, as we know it.  Based on these variables, we can assume, but not
conclusively prove, that human life can occur there as well.

 I don't know about human life but lets call any sort of intelligent, science
creating, technological entity a 'person' any planet like ours can -
technically - create life like ours but what are the chances of it, or of it
becoming intelligent in the same way we are?

 If you understand the hoops we've had to jump through evolutionarily then
you'll appreciate more that our existence was never a done deal.

 Based on our present technology, it's nearly impossible to visit these
earthlike planets to prove that humanoids are living there.  But we can make
estimates based on probabilities of having humanoids in these planets.

 Specifically, astronomers have estimated recently that there are about 50
million earthlike planets in the Milky Way.  If you set the criteria for having
humans as one in a million, then there would be about 50 of these planets that
would have humanoids in them.

 Why would you set the criteria there? Why not a billion to one or more?

 We are alone in the universe: Professor Brian Cox says alien life is all but
impossible as humanity is 'unique'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2809183/We-universe-Professor-Brian-Cox-says-alien-life-impossible-humanity-unique.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2809183/We-universe-Professor-Brian-Cox-says-alien-life-impossible-humanity-unique.html

 We are alone in the universe: Professor Brian Cox says a...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2809183/We-universe-Professor-Brian-Cox-says-alien-life-impossible-humanity-unique.html
 The presenter and scientist blames a series of 'evolutionary bottlenecks' for
the lack of extraterrestrial life on other planets, despite there being a
vast...

 View on www.dailymail.co.uk
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2809183/We-universe-Professor-Brian-Cox-says-alien-life-impossible-humanity-unique.html
 Preview by Yahoo

 I'm kinda with the prof here, but we don't know enough of the variables to be
able to say it with any certainty. One thing is for sure though: there's no
intelligent life in the Daily Mail comments section...

              • ... salyavin808
    • [Fairfield... salyavin808