On 10/28/2014 03:32 AM, salyavin808 wrote:

Excellent review, I think Brand's revolution will go down well around here: atheists as the enemy of reason because they don't believe in the supernatural! It's a nice idea, I think his problem comes from the fact that he's just got into TM and probably believes the promise that it will save the world, but what he doesn't get is that we sceptics have been waiting for the evidence he thinks must be obvious for a very long time.

Have you experienced the supernatural?

I can see Brand joining Buck's call for dissenting voices to be silenced, as if they have any power over reality! The world is as it is, our opinions of it change nothing about how it works. I think the fear of criticism is one of losing the underlying point of something and having to accept that it's less than what you thought. This is, or should be, a harmless adjustment that Brand will have to make one day, or fade even further from credibility when people take him seriously and ask what it is that he actually means by embracing mysticism as a solution to society's problems.

From what I've seen you and he agree on UK politics and economy.

But I wonder why he doesn't mention TM by name? Is that a good thing?

Unlike David Lynch, who apparently doesn't have time to look at anything other than TM, Brand has an inquisitive mind and probably TM was one of his first efforts into exploring consciousness.

As for the book, I would be surprised if he actually wrote it. Most of these people are "franchises" and ghost writers do their books for them.
  • [FairfieldLife]... eustace10679
    • [Fairfield... salyavin808
        • Re... salyavin808
            • ... salyavin808