 On 10/28/2014 03:32 AM, salyavin808 wrote:

 But I wonder why he doesn't mention TM by name? Is that a good thing?

 Unlike David Lynch, who apparently doesn't have time to look at anything other
than TM, Brand has an inquisitive mind and probably TM was one of his first
efforts into exploring consciousness.

 As for the book, I would be surprised if he actually wrote it.  Most of these
people are "franchises" and ghost writers do their books for them.
 I would say he definitely wrote it, he's quite the wordsmith, in his rambling
and flowery way. I also would say we agree on UK politics and economy, but I
wasn't questioning that, simply that he has no solutions and gets way more
publicity than more serious thinkers simply because he's a mouthy sleb and the
media love that because it's so much easier than thinking. Have I experienced
the supernatural? No, but I've had a good look. I tend to side with the Randi's
and Dawkin's these days, I can't help thinking that if there were mysterious
powers available to people we would see them a bit more often than never. Not
that there aren't people I trust who have seen amazing and apparently
impossible things, but what was happening really? Perception can be confusing
and results can be open to interpretation, which is a bad sign for any such
claims. The lack of any repeatable or objectively gathered evidence for all
supernatural phenomena is why my interest waned. It often starts well with
intriguing results that get everyone excited but it always ends up like someone
tossing a coin, the heads and tails even out until there is no signal to be
heard above the noise.  Hardly a new story but everyone who is interested in
the paranormal seems to go through it. I await any new evidence with eagerness
but stopped holding my breath a long time ago.

  • [FairfieldLife]... eustace10679
    • [Fairfield... salyavin808
        • Re... salyavin808
            • ... salyavin808