Turning to the Hopi tradition, one of the most memorable speakers
>> came on March 27, 2001. Hopi Elder Chief Dan Evehema had this
>> message for mankind:
>>

>> "We Hopi believe that the human race has passed through three
>> different worlds and life ways since the beginning. At the end of
>> each prior world, human life has been purified or punished by the
>> Great Spirit, or Massau, due mainly to corruption, greed and turning
>> away from the Great Spirit's teachings. The last great destruction
>> was the flood which destroyed all but a few faithful ones who asked
>> and received a permission from the Great Spirit to live with Him in
>> this new land. The Great Spirit said, `It is up to you, if you are
>> willing to live my poor, humble and simple life way. It is hard but
>> if you agree to live according to my teachings and instructions, if
>> you never lose faith in the life I shall give you, you may come and
>> live with me.' The Hopi and all who were saved from the great flood
>> made a sacred covenant with the Great Spirit at that time. We Hopi
>> made an oath that we will never! turn away from Him. For us the
>> Creator's laws never change or break down.
>>
>> "We are now faced with great problems, not only here but throughout
>> the land. Ancient cultures are being annihilated. Our people's lands
>> are being taken from them, leaving them no place to call their own.
>> Why is this happening? It is happening because many have given up or
>> manipulated their original spiritual teachings. The way of life
>> which the Great Spirit has given to all its people of the world,
>> whatever your original instructions are not being honored. It is
>> because of this great sickness-called greed, which infects every
>> land and country that simple people are losing what they have kept
>> for thousands of years.
>>
>> "Now we are at the very end of our trail. Many people no longer
>> recognize the true path of the Great Spirit. They have, in fact, no
>> respect for the Great Spirit or for our precious Mother Earth, who
>> gives us all life.
>>
>> "We are instructed in our ancient prophecy that this would occur. We
>> were told that someone would try to go up to the moon: that they
>> would bring something back from the moon; and that after that,
>> nature would show signs of losing its balance. Now we see that
>> coming about. All over the world there are now many signs that
>> nature is no longer in balance. Floods, drought, earthquakes, and
>> great storms are occurring and causing much suffering. We do not
>> want this to occur in our country and we pray to the Great Spirit to
>> save us from such things. But there are now signs that this very
>> same thing might happen very soon on our own land."
>>

>> As with Mayan tradition, Hopi prophecy also talks of us having Four
>> Worlds, with the Fifth World about to emerge from the ashes of the
>> Fourth, the timing signified by Nine Signs:
>>
>> The coming of white-skinned men, who take land that is not theirs
>> and who strike their enemies with thunder (guns)
> [...]

The famous Hopi Prophecy Rock clearly depicts two paths:

1) A `two-hearted path,' with three individuals upon it. A two-
hearted person is one who thinks with his head rather than his
heart. Modern man is out of balance because he lives in a left-brain
dominated society, leading to imbalance and conflict, and ultimately
to the destruction of those on it.

2) A `one-hearted path,' or one that is in balance and harmony with
the universe.

The Prophecy Rock shows a junction where the two-hearted people have
a choice of choosing to start thinking with their hearts or continue
to think with their heads only. If they choose the latter, it will
lead to self-destruction, symbolized by the lightning strike from a
cloud. If people chose to think with their hearts, they will return
to the one-hearted path and their own survival.

The Rock shows three half-circles that represent three world-
shakings, as the Source strives to remind us of how we are all
related. The first shaking occurs when man tosses bugs into the air
(airplanes, first used in World War I). The second world-shaking
occurs when man uses the Hopi migration symbol in war (swastika
adopted by Hitler in World War II). The third shaking will be
recognized by a red cover or cloak, which could point to Communist
China. Hopi prophecy also says that signs of the third shaking will
be:

•     The trees die (acid rain or destruction of the rainforest).

•     Man builds a house in the sky (space stations).

•     Cold places become hot, and hot places will become cold
(extreme weather).

•     Lands sink into the ocean, and lands will rise out of the sea.

•     The Blue Star Kachina appears.

Only by undergoing the Hopi process of Purification can we set foot
on the Return Path to the One-hearted Path, and just hope that we
haven't gone past that point. Purification involves a number of
elements:

Repentance, or rethinking, of the Two-heated Way of Life. This
involves commitment, deep knowing that we are all One, acceptance of
personal power to create change, and following our inner guidance.
It is good to do this in groups, because it reminds us that the
whole is greater than the sum of the parts. Also, as individuals, we
are so rooted in our Two-hearted ways that we need others to help
point them out to us. Once we as a group have identified and
committed to a One-hearted vision, we can begin to live it, first
within the group, then increasingly in the outer Two-hearted world.
Then like-minded groups may join together to form `villages,' ready
for when the Two-hearted Path collapses in ruins.

Sovereignty, or self-respect, and respect for the sovereignty of
others. It is also about taking responsibility for our creations and
good stewardship for whatever is in our sphere of influence. For
example, the Fifth World view of the planet is as a partner to be
nurtured rather than as a resource to be consumed and discarded.
Also, wealth and abundance will not be hoarded by those whose lands
produce it, but will be shared equitably. Finally, any decision
about stewardship will never be short-term but will consider the
impact on future generations.

Truthfulness. Confusion over `what should be' versus `what is'
separates us from the realities of life. We look for quick fixes,
Hollywood endings and the latest fads rather than `walking the talk'
and `doing the work.' One group may import `what works' from another
group and impose it on themselves, but disharmony may result. This
leads to strife, conflict, and even war. Other cultures become too
complex and collapse under their own weight, thrusting the people
into anarchy until new ways are found. This is the inevitable
outcome of the Two-hearted Path, and we are seeing its effects now
as fewer and fewer Americans believe that government is `by the
people, for the people.' Our lives float between hope and fear,
unrooted in `what is.' From the moment of our birth, we are
indoctrinated into membership of our culture, with prison or asylum
awaiting dissenters. We leave school, tra! ined to become `another
brick in the wall,' mindlessly perpetuating the Two-hearted Path.
The Hopi language has no equivalent of, "I'm busy," or, "I'm sorry."
Busy-ness and apology are not part of the One-hearted Path; and will
not carry us through the collapse of the Fourth World and emergence
into the Fifth.
We've already established that a significant shift is underway in
consciousness in accepting weather and climate conditions. It is no
longer a question of, "Are there `earth changes'?" The only
questions are: "How, what, when and where?" In other words, "What is
it going to look like?" and to that we have no answers.

ECETI - Enlightened Contact with Extraterrestrial Intelligence -
Send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
AWESOME BOOKS AND VIDEOS
http://www.eceti.org/books.htm "Pass them on to a
friend."