On 10/28/2014 2:55 PM, TurquoiseBee turquoi...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:

Don't settle for low standards that essentially appeal to the argument: "It got me high, therefore it's real."

/Every day you seem to be getting deeper and deeper into cognitive dissonance. Even if you did get high out in the desert with Rama that doesn't prove that people can fly or levitate - that was just a hallucination//you experienced. If you believe that levitation is real then I say monkeys are flying out of my butt. What you experienced is probably just like what any hippie might experience on an acid trip in the middle of the night.

Wake up, Barry - it wasn't real levitation - suspension in mid-air with no visible means of support. You were probably just stoned. Go figure.

/
Not.

I have experienced many things that (to cite "Blade Runner") you people wouldn't believe. Many of them got me high. Many of them still rank -- subjectively -- as some of the highest experiences I've had during this entire incarnation. Does this make them real?

Not.

It just make them "real to me."

It does NOT make them "real."

There is no such THING as "supernatural." (IMO) There is only what happens. That's "natural," not "supernatural."

How you *interpret* these ordinary, natural things is up to you. You can invent any fuckin' Woo Woo interpretation of natural events you want to try to spin them as "supernatural," but that doesn't *make* them supernatural.

Lighten up. Your experience was what it was. Cherish it.

But it *wasn't* special, and it very much *doesn't* define the boundaries of "real."

      • Re: [F... salyavin808
          • ... salyavin808
              • ... salyavin808
              • ... salyavin808