Thanks, I was curious to see how things were going in your venue. From what I've seen and heard you do that venue quite well.

Yes there is software development outsourcing to the Philippines too. BTW, I've also read that is a good place to make your retirement fund stretch.

Studio work came because the leader of the jazz trio I played in owned part interest in a recording studio so we got the sessions there. Then there was some other recording work that came from that. It was very political venue.

I was surprised that my old friends didn't find some sidelines for themselves too. One does do graphic arts which keeps him out of bankruptcy. These guys really liked to perform though and I was more into writing and arranging. Another friend I worked with in the software industry who was a semi-pro musician took up banjo a few years ago and is now writing some banjo instruction methods for Hal Leonard. His gig in the software industry was technical writer.

I played a few of those weird casuals. One was a wedding reception catered by one of the premier restaurateurs of Seattle, Victor Rosselini, who came over as we were playing and asked us to go through the food line because no one was eating! Another gig was in the high rent Broadmore district of Seattle where a neurotic trophy wife was trowing a Christmas party for the who's who of the city. She was upset because we were dressed too casually. But the keyboard player soon found her favorite tune and every time she passed by broke into it giving her all smiles. On our break her husband hung out with us because she was driving him nuts!