--In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote :

 One must give you credit for not giving up, or is it an inability to face
reality.  I never mocked street-corners quite the contrary, I believe that's
where your entertainment belongs. Judy can defend herself when she returns, but
she has a talent for smelling a lie when she sees one, and she caught you in
the act more than once. She will (certainly) correct me if I'm wrong but I even
believe she called you a compulsory serial-liar and one that would try to bend
a story backwards 180 degrees when caugth in the act.
 Anyways, the most clownish lie is the one you keep telling yourself.

 M: So now your are going with insults previous posters have hurled at me? Ok,
if that is all you got.

 But since we are on the subject of liars... since the guy who posted the video
you continually attributed to me very clearly put his picture, name and
comments below the video...

 And as far as where my music "belongs", it was good enough for the National
Theater in D.C. and Wolf Trap National Performing Art Center, the most
prestigious venues in my area. Selling your musical taste as more than that
isn't gunna get any traction from my fans here.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <curtisdeltablues@...> wrote :

 --In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote :

 Funny, you compare yourself to Robert Johnson now ?

 M: No but you were making fun of me playing in he same places and conditions
he did.

 N: One wonders what else is wrong with you other than a oversized ego.

 M: Does one?

 Judy repeatedly call you a blatant a liar,

 M: She did indeed, it was part of her ad hominem attack instead of rational
argument program.

 N: but you are fooling only yourself after all those years saying to yourself
"I create art" over and over again. All others has to do is watch the videos
you for some unknown reason and voluntarily posted on youtube, like this one
that in 5 years has reached a surprising 506 viewers:

 M: Look at the name under the video and his commnents dimwit. It was posted by
a proud dad whose kids were in my show. It is amazing that it got that many
views considering the small number of friends it was intended for. Look at the
kids engaged by music created before their father was born.

 The CNN video he refers to has a broken link. Here it is:
 Curtis Blues Busking Show.mov https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywyaUamq1SQ

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywyaUamq1SQ

 Curtis Blues Busking Show.mov https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywyaUamq1SQ
Acoustic Blues preservationist Curtis Blues performs in Old Town Alexandria, VA
to keep the blues alive.

 View on www.youtube.com https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywyaUamq1SQ
 Preview by Yahoo

 Curtis Blues Pre Delta War Blues. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUk7NexVhGk

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUk7NexVhGk

 Curtis Blues Pre Delta War Blues. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUk7NexVhGk
Went to visit the Grandparents in old town, and ran into Curtis Blues, before
we knew the kids were part of the band. See the CNN piece on him at the bottom

 View on www.youtube.com https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUk7NexVhGk
 Preview by Yahoo

 M:

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <curtisdeltablues@...> wrote :

I doubt you listened to the stuff he put on youtube.  This is merry
entertainment for street-corners and parties

M:Where exactly do you imagine guys like Robert Johnson performed?

 and has nothing to do with art however much Curtis tries to convince himself
of the contrary.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <anartaxius@...> wrote :

 Might as well eat your heart out Nabby, your limited opinion about the nature
of art does not count:

 Curtis Blues http://artsfairfax.org/component/mtree/education/curtis-blues

 http://artsfairfax.org/component/mtree/education/curtis-blues

 Curtis Blues http://artsfairfax.org/component/mtree/education/curtis-blues
Curtis Blues, a certified Arts Integration performer, was named the Blues
Artist of the Year by the Washington DC Blues Society. His musical programs
integrat...

 View on artsfairfax.org
http://artsfairfax.org/component/mtree/education/curtis-blues
 Preview by Yahoo

Curtis Blues, a certified Arts Integration performer, was named the Blues
Artist of the Year by the Washington DC Blues Society.

 Note that the link goes to the Arts Council of Fairfax County, Virginia.
Curtis is a recognised artist, and you just have a bee in your bonnet. Wake up.
I do not see why Curtis needs to change his view to support your myopic view of
the world. I think Curtis is an artist, and I normally do not listen to blues
music, though I have a certain fondness for Billie Holiday.

==============

You claim you produce art. I claim you produce noise and that your ego is out
of control. It's not complicated.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <curtisdeltablues@...> wrote :

 It's obvious by now that you won't change

 M: You mean adapt a non native English speakers' misuse of the word for my job
title in every organizations that books my shows? That was never on the table.
What you need to do if you want to use English is to brush up on the
adjectives. That let's you apply whatever personal standards you want to
personalize a generic word like "art." For example you could say that is
groundbreaking art or shitty art, or even life changing, mind boggling,
awesomenest ever art. But you don't get to miss-appropriate a generic term for
a human activity as if your taste is the definition of the word. Again, that is
where adjectives allow you to personalize your feelings about the activity.

 N:will continue to try to convince yourself by saying, dammit: "I'm an artist,
I'm an artist, I'm an artist, I'm an artist" forever till you pop.

 M: Actually, just like Maharishi claimed, I didn't name myself that, this is
how the arts groups refer to me as so people know what I do when they want to
hire me.

 N: Good luck with that.

 M: Having excellent luck with that, thanks.

 N: This "discussion" has hereby ended from my side.

 M: This discussion was never open from YOUR side. We both know that.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <curtisdeltablues@...> wrote :

 What is art and what isn't always is a hot theme and will probably never end.

M: Popular among people who don't produce any. Most of my social life is with
artists and the topic has never come up.

N: And there will always be greedy persons who try to capitalize on that word
to make a living, happens everywhere.

M: I know those artists raking in the cash, big problem. I share your disdain
for people trying to make a living. I mean why aren't they just eating brioche?

I think the problem is a lack of a central control over the use of the term to
describe this human activity. I'm thinking something along the lines of a
re-certification course that they can pay for to use the word "art." (Patent
Pending)

 N: My statement about your music is my personal and passionate opinion after
having seen the videos you posted.

M: Gosh Nabs, I don't know how to tell you this but... inspiring people to
personal passionate feelings IS the goal of my art. Just say'n...

 http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/curtisblues2

 ♫ Well Worn Blues - Curtis Blues. Listen @cdbaby
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/curtisblues2 Click to listen at CDBaby

 View on www.cdbaby.com http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/curtisblues2
 Preview by Yahoo

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <curtisdeltablues@...> wrote :

 That's what Cartier-Bresson said of his work during numerous interviews.
Ofcourse his work is artistic, he simply had other and higher ideas about what
art is, ideas he tried to fulfill late in life, nothing of which came close to
much of what he produced with a camera.
 The work of Edward Steichen is wonderful and is reaching astronomical prices
these days.
 "Calling Curtis an amateur musician is just like calling yourself a
non-professional photographer."
 If he makes a living from it he obviously is a professional, is's his claim
that he creates art that piss me off. In my ears it's mostly noise and believe
me, I like much music that by many is considered "noise" or weird Collection of
sounds.
 Again, and for the last time; Claiming to be an artist just because others are
willing to pay for it is just foolish and comes from an ego out of control.

 M: No Nabbie, I don't say I am an artist because I make my total living from
it, that is what makes me a professional musician. The word artist is my job
description in the agencies who get me business as an artist on their roster of
artists who offer serves in the arts to people who want to hire artists to
perform art in artistic venues.

 The ego out of control is the person who believes that his subjective opinion
about what art he prefers should be the deciding factor in using a word that
relates to the product created by people in the arts. You are imposing
subjective snob standards because no one told you that you are not in charge of
what is and is not, art.

 Consider this your notice.

 Karlheinz Stockhausen - Mittwochs-Gruß
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnC-RKm12ZI